News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Aerosmith - Season of Wither
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Liep

Danish X Factor, it's... not good. I'd rather be watching our boys kick some Czech ass.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

fhdz

Captain Murphy, Duality (whole album)
and the horse you rode in on

Ideologue

Quote from: 11B4V on March 22, 2013, 02:10:13 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 21, 2013, 11:19:04 PM
Gordon Lightfoot--Sundown.  I miss Habsburg. :(

And now I miss Vinraith and Hamilcar. :(

Good tunage there.

Yeah, my dad turned me on to Lightfoot when I was a kid.  I've never been like a super-fan or anything, but the guy has his hits.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Robyn - With Every Heartbeat
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on March 22, 2013, 06:24:12 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 22, 2013, 02:10:13 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 21, 2013, 11:19:04 PM
Gordon Lightfoot--Sundown.  I miss Habsburg. :(

And now I miss Vinraith and Hamilcar. :(

Good tunage there.

Yeah, my dad turned me on to Lightfoot when I was a kid.  I've never been like a super-fan or anything, but the guy has his hits.

My cousin and wife, who live in New Jersey, are obsessed with him to the extent of having seen him 64 odd times and travel around following his tours from venue to venue.  If you heard them, you'd think he's the only musician in the whole world.  :rolleyes:

No idea if I'd like his music, but I'd never give it a try as their insane fandom has put me off completely.

I like lots of bands, some a great deal, but I'd never claim they're the be all and end all of music. And can appreciate other musical preference are by definition just as 'valid', generally.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Leaves' Eyes - various EPs, I'll have to get around to finding the albums.

Ideologue

Yeah, he's not quite that tier.  I kinda assumed he was dead.  Not?  Interesting, if true.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on March 22, 2013, 09:20:20 PM
Yeah, he's not quite that tier.  I kinda assumed he was dead.  Not?  Interesting, if true.

I don't know, partly because of that and the boringly lengthy chain letters, I don't nowadays have much contact with my cousin.  :blush:

garbon

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

ulmont