And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Scooped by Tim, apparently.   :mad:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

That ruined the 90's for me. Congrats Habs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Mike and the Mechanics--Silent Running.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Ideologue

Rancid's And Out Come the Wolves.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Liep

Of Monters and Men, great spring album.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

Devo - Some things never change.

I need a Devo uniform.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 06, 2013, 09:32:30 PM

I need a Devo uniform.

Best thing ever out of Ohio
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

Quote from: PDH on March 06, 2013, 10:56:31 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 06, 2013, 09:32:30 PM

I need a Devo uniform.

Best thing ever out of Ohio

That's fairly faint praise.

But I love DEVO.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

In Germany, if your parents or grandparents are above a certain age you've most likely been exposed to Volksmusik TV shows. Volksmusik is not only Oompah, but also shallow Schlager with a mountain backdrop.

A subset of Volksmusik shows has the show "on location" with "bands" performing their bits in front of picturesque landscapes.

This Austrian metal band copies that aesthetic to the i. :lol:

Kontrust - Bomba

Without sound you could think this is from a "normal" Volksmusik show.

And yes, that's actually their stage dress.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Pedrito

Smashing Pumpkins, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Ideologue

Steel Breeze--You Don't Want Me Anymore.
Kinemalogue

mongers

More Suzanne Vega :wub:

Oddly I'm trying out a particular type of MP3 player I bought a few of a couple of years back, to give to family and friends. Couldn't get them anywhere in Europe, so got them off a friendly California dub.

Turns out for such a cheap player, it has a really nice warm sound, like there's a boost at about 1Khz, that brings the vocals to the fore. Sounds rather good.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"