News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

The Incessant Chirping Of A Garage Door Low Battery Alarm That I Can't Get To In Order To Destroy And With My Luck The Owners Are Gone For 2 Weeks - My Downstairs Neighbors

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 09, 2013, 06:42:50 PM
The Incessant Chirping Of A Garage Door Low Battery Alarm That I Can't Get To In Order To Destroy And With My Luck The Owners Are Gone For 2 Weeks - My Downstairs Neighbors

I think Fiona does the long title thing better.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

I heard their other hit a while back - Smoke Alarm Chirping All Weekend With a Low Battery When We Are Away.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

mongers

Now listening to a Roxy Music retrospective/compilation, the first track are the most recent and it progresses chronically backwards ending with the first singles; it sort of works.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Scipio

Pink Floyd- DSOM 2011 remaster

I think the live DSOM from Pulse is superior.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

mongers

Quote from: Scipio on February 09, 2013, 09:41:29 PM
Pink Floyd- DSOM 2011 remaster

I think the live DSOM from Pulse is superior.

:cool:

Yeah, I bought Pulse a few months ago and that version is pretty damn good.

mongers

Damn, didn't know The Bangles were still going:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBgu9KutgQc

Not bad and good to see 50something women giving life some stick.  :cool:

mongers

Damn to the power of three, this takes me back a few years:

Human League - 'Louise'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv92UWvzhUY

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on February 09, 2013, 06:04:43 PM
Roxy Music's swansong album  'Avalon'.

edit:
Damn that album is nearly 30 years old.    :hmm:

Wow....I was listening to that yesterday too. :hug:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: PDH on February 09, 2013, 06:52:35 PM

I heard their other hit a while back - Smoke Alarm Chirping All Weekend With a Low Battery When We Are Away.

What are you doing living within half a mile of your neighbors?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 10, 2013, 09:16:42 AM

What are you doing living within half a mile of your neighbors?  :huh:

We huddle together for warmth in Wyoming.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM