News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Rihanna - Jump

I wonder how many young kids won't realize that she's covering Ginuwine of all people. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Just listened to Kim Carnes 'Bette Davis Eyes' on headphones, probably heard this dozens of time down the years, but the first time I've given it a 'serious' listen.

But Damn she has a fine, first rate voice; why have I not realised this before ?  :hmm:

I'm off to find some of her stuff. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

PDH

Crazy in the Night was also reasonably ok from Carnes
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

mongers

Bill Withers - 'Lovely day' - what a great track.

Syt

Dean Martin - Standing on the Corner

It was a more innocent age . . . men standing on street corners perving after girls. :lol:

QuoteStanding on a corner watching all the girls go by
Standing on a corner watching all the girls go by
Brother you don't know a nicer occupation
Matter of fact, neither do I
Than standing on a corner watching all the girls
Watching all the girls, watching all the girls go by

I'm the cat that got the cream
Haven't got a girl but I can dream
Haven't got a girl but I can wish
So I'll take me down to Main street
And that's where I select my imaginary dish

Standing on a corner watching all the girls go by
Standing on a corner giving all the girls the eye
Brother if you've got a rich imagination
Give it a whirl, give it a try
Try standing on a corner watching all the girls

Brother you can't go to jail for what you're thinking
Or for that woo look in your eye

Standing on the corner watching all the girls
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Just picked up King Crimson's Lizard, the new remaster. Gonna have a listen now.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on January 12, 2013, 01:55:19 PM
Just picked up King Crimson's Lizard, the new remaster. Gonna have a listen now.

:cool:

Though jealous, I shall have to look into getting more of these if you think there worth getting.

I got the ITCOTCK a while back and the modern remastering was rather good, I guess Mr Fripp does a good job in his studio over the downs from here.

Josephus

He actually has Steven Wilson (of Porcupine Tree) doing a lot of his recent remasters. I picked up Lizard just today, it's a 2009 remaster (both 2.1 pcm and 5.1) that he did with Steve Wilson. It does sound very good.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on January 12, 2013, 03:27:08 PM
He actually has Steven Wilson (of Porcupine Tree) doing a lot of his recent remasters. I picked up Lizard just today, it's a 2009 remaster (both 2.1 pcm and 5.1) that he did with Steve Wilson. It does sound very good.

:thumbsup:

Ed Anger

Candlebox - Cover Me

I'm in a 90's mood
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Liep

Tom Waits - Bad as Me

Hell Broke Luce is brilliant.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk