News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 06, 2013, 10:32:11 AM
Quote from: mongers on December 28, 2012, 09:22:35 AM
Quote from: Josephus on December 28, 2012, 08:59:05 AM
Marillion.... :cheers:

Yeah, haven't played any in years, I feared it would be rather indulgent naval gazing student like, turns out there's still some good stuff which has aged ok.   :)

Damn, Marillion...I don't think I've dusted that stuff off since I was a student and trying to bang Pedrito's wife in my dorm room in 1990.

:D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

Dusted off Roger Waters's The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking (1984). Headphones on. Dark room. Loud.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Pedrito

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 06, 2013, 10:32:11 AM
Quote from: mongers on December 28, 2012, 09:22:35 AM
Quote from: Josephus on December 28, 2012, 08:59:05 AM
Marillion.... :cheers:

Yeah, haven't played any in years, I feared it would be rather indulgent naval gazing student like, turns out there's still some good stuff which has aged ok.   :)

Damn, Marillion...I don't think I've dusted that stuff off since I was a student and trying to bang Pedrito's wife in my dorm room in 1990.
:lol:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

garbon

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Pedrito

Pearl Jam, Live at The Gorge, disc 1/2/3.

Proposition for 2013: getting to see PJ performing live, hoping that they come to tour Europe.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Tamas

Quote from: Pedrito on January 08, 2013, 04:49:00 AM

Proposition for 2013: getting to see PJ performing live, hoping that they come to tour Europe.

L.

last summer they came as close as Prague, I tried to convince fellow PJ-liking friends to go, but we didn't :(

Pedrito

Quote from: Tamas on January 08, 2013, 04:52:17 AM

L.

last summer they came as close as Prague, I tried to convince fellow PJ-liking friends to go, but we didn't :(
I saw them in 1993, they were the opening act for U2's Zoo TV tour.

At the time U2 were a planetary powerhouse, PJ were not still a cult band, but lots of people didn't know them.

PJ started playing their songs in front of a crowd of 40.000, and the crowd in response... started to roar and boo them because they wanted their fucking U2  to come on the stage :rolleyes:

And I was ARE YOU FUCKING IDIOTS? LET THEM PLAY FFS!

L.
b / h = h / b+h

CountDeMoney

Alice In Chains released their official video today for "Hollow".

http://youtu.be/hmSeWqmlqYs

Actually has a storyline.  It's what I'd imagine Ideologue would be like in space, all falling apart and shit.

FunkMonk

Pearl Jam, Live at The Gorge, disc 1/2/3
L.

One of my favorites.  :)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.