News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Genesis - Watcher Of The Skies
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Marilyn Manson:  Lunchbox--Next Motherfucker Remix

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on December 24, 2012, 08:47:17 PM

Most excellent. The last issue of Classic Prog magazine had a big feature on early Genesis.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on December 25, 2012, 11:39:29 AM
Quote from: mongers on December 24, 2012, 08:47:17 PM

Most excellent. The last issue of Classic Prog magazine had a big feature on early Genesis.

:thumpsup:

Now listening to  Wishbone Ash - The Pilgrim.  :cool:

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Van Der Graaf Generator - Theme One (original mix).   :cool:

It may be their only track I really like, as it turns out I have a visceral dislike of Peter Hammill and I didn't know he was the creative force behind the band.  :D

edit:

Dixie Dregs - Take It Off The Top

Eagles - Journey Of The Sorcerer

Adele - Skyfall

Garry Moore - Out In The Fields

Neil Young - Heart Of Gold

Marillion - Cinderella Search

Atomic Rooster - Winter

Suzanne Vega - Tom's Diner (her version of whatever that famous remixed version was) 

Syt

Nine Inch Nails - Closer
One of my favorite tracks of the 90s.

Video NSFW!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on December 28, 2012, 08:59:05 AM
Marillion.... :cheers:

Yeah, haven't played any in years, I feared it would be rather indulgent naval gazing student like, turns out there's still some good stuff which has aged ok.   :)

Syt

The Ballad of the Green Berets
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on December 28, 2012, 09:22:35 AM
Quote from: Josephus on December 28, 2012, 08:59:05 AM
Marillion.... :cheers:

Yeah, haven't played any in years, I feared it would be rather indulgent naval gazing student like, turns out there's still some good stuff which has aged ok.   :)

You should give some of their more recent stuff a whirl.

Neverland from 2005 is one of my alltime faves by the band. Here's a live version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3NhNz9-EOA
Civis Romanus Sum

Syt

One fun thing about Spotify is that you can quickly find cover versions of songs. I was surprised to learn that there's a Swedish version of the song "Battle of New Orleans".

Also, there's a cover of the song by British band Cornershop, with Sitar and all. Why does this exist?

—Stephen Jay Gould