News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Ideologue on September 09, 2012, 10:40:48 PM
Zager and Evans--2525.  I had no idea this was a real song.  I thought Futurama made it up.  Neat.

WTF

Syt

The whole album "Awaking the Centuries" has a Nostradamus theme and is recommended. (As are the other early albums - Thou Shalt Trust the Seer and the Galileo Galilei themed Eppur Si Move. Tales of Ithiria is crap IMHO.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Quote from: Tamas on September 10, 2012, 01:56:10 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 09, 2012, 10:40:48 PM
Zager and Evans--2525.  I had no idea this was a real song.  I thought Futurama made it up.  Neat.

WTF

What's with all the Euro WTFs?  I'm supposed to be familiar with a song from twenty years before I was born, that is also (considering I'd never heard it before on the radio till it came on the oldies station in Columbia) rather obscure.  WTF?  FU.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tamas

How the hell did you manage to not hear it? It must have taken a lot of effort to avoid it.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on September 10, 2012, 03:11:09 AM
How the hell did you manage to not hear it? It must have taken a lot of effort to avoid it.

:yeahright:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Fun--Some Nights.  Surprised that it turns out that the authors of catchy ultra-shit "We Are Young" actually had something to offer the world besides a ready-made advertising jingle.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on September 10, 2012, 02:11:18 AM
What's with all the Euro WTFs?  I'm supposed to be familiar with a song from twenty years before I was born, that is also (considering I'd never heard it before on the radio till it came on the oldies station in Columbia) rather obscure.  WTF?  FU.

It was a staple on the oldies station I listened to back in high school.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

Quote from: Ideologue on September 10, 2012, 02:11:18 AM

I'd heard of this, and I do my best to avoid american cultural output.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Pedrito

Quote from: Barrister on September 07, 2012, 01:32:02 AM
Heard on the Satellite Radio yesterday:

Elastica: Connection

I always wished that band had oriduced more than one album...
Nice little gem that one.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on September 12, 2012, 11:55:55 PM
"We Are Young"

Heartache to heartache?

Or earache when listening to Fun.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 13, 2012, 06:00:51 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 12, 2012, 11:55:55 PM
"We Are Young"

Heartache to heartache?

Or earache when listening to Fun.

I'd actually heard their non-"We Are Young" oeuvre wasn't as pandering, lame and tonally garbage as that song.  I dunno, there may be some truth to it.
Kinemalogue

Liep

One of the things Swedes do competently, pop. This time it's Niki and the Dove.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk