News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

The new ABBA single.... That CGI music video is creepy, did some of them die or what is the reasoning to go digital?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Quote from: Liep on September 02, 2021, 01:56:44 PM
The new ABBA single.... That CGI music video is creepy, did some of them die or what is the reasoning to go digital?

Them's old.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

They all appear to be alive - but all in their 70s.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Duque de Bragança

Creepy as CGI Peter Cushing?

Josephus

King Crimson Red.

That whole Larks Tongues, Starless and Red era is so freaking awesome
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on September 05, 2021, 08:57:29 AM
King Crimson Red.

That whole Larks Tongues, Starless and Red era is so freaking awesome

:yes:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on September 02, 2021, 02:05:05 PM

They all appear to be alive - but all in their 70s.
Right, they are pretty old to start going on world tours again.  I don't blame them, especially since back in the day Agneta and Frida were like living, dancing Barbie Dolls with amazing voices, and while I listened to the singles and thought they were great, and that they can still sing, I feel like they are probably no longer Barbie Doll-esque.  So they probably felt they couldn't put on a physical act resembling anything close to the one from their prime.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on September 05, 2021, 07:11:02 AM

Creepy as CGI Peter Cushing?
Nah, the CGI from the snippets in the videos looked better than CGI Tarkin.

Caliga

The other thing is that they might not really want to be together.  For decades they were like violently opposed to a reunion, or at least some of them were, even after they were supposedly offered a billion dollars to get back together in like 2000 or so.  So maybe now the holdout(s) (I think Agneta was supposedly the main holdout) have money issues and have caved due to that, but maybe under the condition she not have to perform on stage with the others?  I dunno, just speculating here.

Josephus

Meh...I'm seeing Genesis soon. Phil Collins can barely walk. If he can do it.......

I'm just thinking Abba figures they can still make millions of this CGI thing, so why go through the hassle of a tour, which, except for The Rolling Stones, no one really seems to enjoy doing after 40 or so.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on September 14, 2021, 08:42:26 AM
Meh...I'm seeing Genesis soon. Phil Collins can barely walk. If he can do it.......

I'm sorry to tell you but Phil Collins can't.  His son Nic will be drumming for Genesis on their tour.

https://www.vulture.com/2021/09/phil-collins-health-drummer-says-he-cant-play-drums.html
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on September 14, 2021, 10:08:37 AM
Quote from: Josephus on September 14, 2021, 08:42:26 AM

I'm sorry to tell you but Phil Collins can't.  His son Nic will be drumming for Genesis on their tour.

https://www.vulture.com/2021/09/phil-collins-health-drummer-says-he-cant-play-drums.html

Yes, I know that. But he's still singing; just like Agnetha and Aretha would.

Civis Romanus Sum

Syt

My favorite band nobody heard of: Nocte Obducta. Their style is a little bit all over the place between their poetic purple prose lyrics and a tone somewhere between melancholy and despair. Their latest albums aren't quite as good, but their mid 2000s albums are excellent, with "Und Pan spielt die Flöte" being my favorite song of theirs, and I occasionally find myself humming or whistling bits of it.

https://youtu.be/7jvhgrU0ii8

I listened to some albums of theirs again during work yesterday, inspired by the band Syhlmagoghnar showing up for me on Spotify whose album Emergence scratched a similar melancholy itch.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Just saw that Aaliyah's Aaliyah album is on spotify. :w00t: With my cds in storage, it feels almost like having a new album. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.