News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

I somehow missed Disturbed's version of The Sound of Silence.
That rendition on Conan must rank among the pantheons of both covers and live performances.

Syt

I don't particularly care for Disturbed's vocalist's voice, so I couldn't get into it. Same reason I don't care for Sabaton much.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on November 14, 2020, 08:22:06 AM
I don't particularly care for Disturbed's vocalist's voice, so I couldn't get into it. Same reason I don't care for Sabaton much.

Fair enough, but personal preferences aside (I don't particularly care for either band) I'd said Sabaton's singer is decent at best in a live setting while this was near-perfect. Even if there was a dab of autotune on one of the high notes.

Syt

Oh, I agree that Draiman is much better, technically, than Sabaton's frontman.

There's just a few voices that I don't enjoy listening to, and his is unfortunately one of them.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Jeff Wayne's 'The War of the Worlds'  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Kim Carnes- Bette Davis Eyes. Why do the boys think she's a spy?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on November 25, 2020, 10:10:25 PM

Nice.

Did I ever mention when I was in London a year ago, I went to the War of the Worlds immersive show. It was really impressive. It's coming round again next year for a second run.

https://thewaroftheworldsimmersive.com/
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on November 28, 2020, 06:56:40 AM
Quote from: mongers on November 25, 2020, 10:10:25 PM

Nice.

Did I ever mention when I was in London a year ago, I went to the War of the Worlds immersive show. It was really impressive. It's coming round again next year for a second run.

https://thewaroftheworldsimmersive.com/

:cool:

Thanks Josep for the interesting link, worth checking out if I get to London post-lockdown!
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

XTC - Skylarking

Excellent album
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

Quote from: garbon on December 06, 2017, 03:46:06 AM
Spotify has their yearly summary bit out and my top categories were:

Pop
Dance Pop
Post-teen Pop
R&B
Pop Rap

:blush:

It is that time a year again where Spotify reveals your top genres and top artists.

I guess this represents an evolution in my tastes? :unsure:

Pop
Dance Pop
Rock
Rap
Indie Pop
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Rock
K-pop
Dance Pop
Pop Rock
Country
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

In their 2020 Wrapped feature. This was the first year where they let me see it in the app, previously always had to login on a webpage to see.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I only see my Top Songs and my Missed Hits on the website :unsure:
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Syt on December 02, 2020, 09:15:02 AM
I only see my Top Songs and my Missed Hits on the website :unsure:

Even if you log-in through this: https://2020.byspotify.com/