News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Good grief, Golden Earring have been a band since 1961 and it's still fronted by it's two founder members.   :cool:

The other two current members are johnny come latelys having joined in 1970 and 1967.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells III
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Working my way through The Black Crowes back catalogue -  'The Southern Harmony And Musical Companion' - this album has a real nice 'feel' to it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

The Bee Gees- I started a joke
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Sabaton - Rise of Evil (from Primo Victoria)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on May 14, 2019, 10:16:40 AM
Quote from: Malthus on May 14, 2019, 06:18:43 AM
Sabaton - Rise of Evil (from Primo Victoria)

:punk:

It's truly history geek metal, I love it. They do a series of history video clips now!  :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaG4CBbZih6nLzD08bTBGfw
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

I like metal but I could never get into Sabaton. I think it's mostly the vocalist's voice.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on May 14, 2019, 01:53:38 PM
I like metal but I could never get into Sabaton. I think it's mostly the vocalist's voice.

I love the one about Charles XII coming to power. It really underscores the existential horror of handing a teenage boy absolute power.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

For history metal I prefer Ex Deo. Here is their little ditty "Cato Maior: Cartago Delenda Est!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHuScUSFaV8

And one about the Battle of Actium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcfaltp8CL0
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.