News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Saw Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds in concert in Toronto last night. Fantastic. He's like some dark evangelist revival preacher of rock.  :lol:

Played some classics (Red Right Hand, Do You Love Me, Loverman) plus a lot of stuff I'd not heard before. He's got a great stage presence.

Only complaint was that the venue (Air Canada Centre) was really too large for the show.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

The Air Canada Center? What's that?

;)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Robyn feat. Zhala - Human Being
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

frunk

Gerry Rafferty - Night Owl

I got a tape of this in the mid 80s, I don't know from where.  Every song is pure nostalgia for me.

Liep

Kogekunst - Kan ikke vente til i morgen
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on November 02, 2018, 02:31:45 PM
Ariana Grande - R.E.M.

I have to say I have never heard of that R.E.M. song :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Really? :o

Carly Rae Jepsen - Party For One

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

A good bootleg of a gig I went to in 1984! :gasp:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Minsky Moment

Albert Dailey Trio - That Old Feeling (1978)

Convetional piano trio, but strong lineup. Dailey was classically trained and plays beautifully and with verve. I think this is his only streamable performance as a leader- his career started when this kind of music was in a commercial nadir and he didn't get to record as much as he deserved. He got some traction in the early 80s (Wynton Marsalis era) but then died of AIDS related illness a few years later.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

The Minsky Moment

Freddie Hubbard - Backlash (1967)

More Albert Dailey on piano in a different setting - Latinized soul jazz from hard bop trumpeter Hubbard and conga player Ray Berretto. Streamable.  "Return of the Prodigal Son" (track 2) has one hell of a groove.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

crazy canuck

garbon

That's a random, cool connection.