News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Strong Asian Mothers - Don't Let Go
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

Wire Train - Chamber of Hellos

1980s New Wave espressed.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

Kate Bush - This Woman's Work
Kate Bush - Why Should I Love You?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

I then went on to listen to all of The Red Shoes and stumbled upon Spotify the many year old Director's Cut album with her re-working of several songs.

Josephus

Coincidentally I'm listening to Kate right now...Hounds of Love CD
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

I love Kate Bush, but my wife flat-out can't stand her voice, so I can only listen to her music on earphones.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

Quote from: Malthus on September 13, 2018, 10:00:45 AM
I love Kate Bush, but my wife flat-out can't stand her voice, so I can only listen to her music on earphones.  :lol:

Yeah, there's a lot of women who say that--her voice is very divisive..like Geddy Lee.
Civis Romanus Sum

Malthus

Quote from: Josephus on September 13, 2018, 10:04:56 AM
Quote from: Malthus on September 13, 2018, 10:00:45 AM

Yeah, there's a lot of women who say that--her voice is very divisive..like Geddy Lee.

Fortunately, my wife loves Rush. Though she did once remark that Geddy Lee sounded like a humanoid ant.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

mongers

Quote from: garbon on September 13, 2018, 07:48:48 AM
I then went on to listen to all of The Red Shoes and stumbled upon Spotify the many year old Director's Cut album with her re-working of several songs.

Interesting, I wonder how this album could have also escaped my attention.  :hmm:

Gaby, thanks for bringing the topic up, have now ordered it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

Director's Cut was released several years ago and contained redone versions of songs primarily from Red Shoes and This Woman's Work. I'm not sure it was needed to be honest.
Civis Romanus Sum

garbon

Garbage - Blackout

Seeing Garbage tonight at their tour for the 20th anniversary of Version 2.0. I was 13 when I bought that album. :cry:

Tamas