News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Arcade Fire feat. Mavis Staples - I Give You Power
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Josephus

Pink Floyd. Obscured by Clouds
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

John Wetton dies.

Damn, just damn.  :(

Asia and King Crimson star John Wetton dies aged 67
31 January 2017

Asia star John Wetton has died aged 67 after a battle with colon cancer, his bandmate Carl Palmer has said.

According to a brief statement released by the band, Wetton passed away in his sleep on Tuesday morning.

Wetton played bass and sang in King Crimson, Uriah Heep and Roxy Music before fronting supergroup Asia.

Palmer said on Facebook: "With the passing of my good friend and musical collaborator, John Wetton, the world loses yet another musical giant."
'Brave and innovative'

He said that Wetton - who co-wrote and performed on Asia's debut hit in 1982, Heat Of The Moment, as well other tracks including Only Time Will Tell - had been a "gentle person".

"As a musician, he was both brave and innovative, with a voice that took the music of Asia to the top of the charts around the world," he said.

Full item here:
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38812944
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

Yeah...was just listening to Starless the other day too.

I'm imagining a super group forming in Heaven now with Squire/Lake/Wetton/Palmer
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on January 31, 2017, 07:49:22 PM
Yeah...was just listening to Starless the other day too.

I'm imagining a super group forming in Heaven now with Squire/Lake/Wetton/Palmer

Yes, rather a nice notion.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Liep

garbon

Many Gray feat. Erykah Baku - Sweet Baby
Tonic Braxton - Seven Whole Days
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Isao Tomita - Aranjuez (from his Kosmos album) :wub:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

garbon

Valmy

Still time to stop by for Austin City Limits -_-
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."