Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Horisont - Odyssey

The band:

The album cover:

Swedes that do retro 70s rock. The album is loosely sci-fi themed, and wonderfully nostalgic. Retro bands are a dime a dozen, and their earlier albums aren't quite as good, but this one is rather fantastic (if you like that 70s rock with some early synthesizers thrown in).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Bonnie Tyler - Total Emagazines of the Heart
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Listening to Christmas classics at work (Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, Doris Day etc.), when suddenly ... "When you wish upon a star" ... but it sounds weird.

Turns out it's Ser du stjärnan i det blå sung by Sven-Olof Sandberg: https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sven-Olof_Sandberg  :huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Savonarola on December 05, 2016, 01:47:13 PM
:thumbsup:  My personal favorite, even if Graeme Edge's verse is even goofier than usual (involving among other things "Ten billion butterfly sneezes.")

Is Graeme Edge the bassist?  And did he write the lyrics to one verse of every song?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Bill Rivers - Chipmunks roasting on an open fire
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

The xx - Say Something Loving

New album sounding good so far.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

FunkMonk

Drake - Started from the Bottom
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Drake - Hold on we're going home
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.