News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 22, 2016, 08:39:11 AM
Now hair metal for Operation Mindcrime is really unfair and at best misleading.  :mad:

How about "The one album from the hair metal era" then?  At the time they were lumped in with the hair metal crowd even though they did derive many of their musical ideas from prog-rock rather than glam.

In any event the point is that Queensrÿche deserves to be remembered for Operation Mindcrime, not Silent Lucidity.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Savonarola on November 22, 2016, 08:26:50 AM
Our instructor, when I was in Seattle, said that Queensrÿche had played at his high school.  I had two younger co-workers with me who both said "Who?" :huh:  My boss, who has never left the 90s1, said explained that "They had that one big hit."  At first I thought he meant either Eyes of a Stranger or I Don't Believe in Love.  As it turns out he meant Silent Lucidity.   <_<

Shocking he would mean their actual big hit.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

This thread is really pissing me off.  :mad:

derspiess

The Cramps - Bikini Girls with Machine Guns

And then the rest of my Cramps playlist.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Savonarola

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 22, 2016, 06:49:32 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on November 22, 2016, 08:26:50 AM
Our instructor, when I was in Seattle, said that Queensrÿche had played at his high school.  I had two younger co-workers with me who both said "Who?" :huh:  My boss, who has never left the 90s1, said explained that "They had that one big hit."  At first I thought he meant either Eyes of a Stranger or I Don't Believe in Love.  As it turns out he meant Silent Lucidity.   <_<

Shocking he would mean their actual big hit.  :P

Yes, I realize that now; but remembering Queensrÿche solely for their biggest hit "Silent Lucidity" is like remembering Chuck Berry solely for his only number one hit, My Ding-a-Ling.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

My generation doesn't remember Berry for radio hits but for memorable movie usage so Johnny B Goode wins out.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Just got back from seeing Ennio Morricone. Pretty cool. When I first saw The Good, the Bad and the Ugly all those years ago I didn't believe I would ever see Morricone conduct The Ecstasy of Gold live on stage. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jacob

Quote from: Josephus on November 24, 2016, 07:14:04 PM
Quote from: Jacob on November 24, 2016, 01:21:44 PM
The Monks - Bad Habits

Any other good songs on that other than Drugs in My Pocket

I like:

"Nice Legs, Shame About Her Face"
"I Ain't Getting Any"
"Spotty Face"
"Johnny B. Rotten"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Been listening to New Model Army again... they seem fairly topical these days.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.