News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on August 02, 2016, 06:22:14 AM
Jos, thanks now I'm gonna have to dig out some marillion.  :)

No shit, haven't listened to him i years.

Liep

The new Frank Ocean. It couldn't possibly live up to the expectations and so it didn't, but it's still a very good listen.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Giving Pink Floyd's 'The Endless River' another spin.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on August 24, 2016, 07:45:56 PM
Giving Pink Floyd's 'The Endless River' another spin.  :hmm:

I like it. Not exactly Dark Side of the Moon, but I enjoy listening to it...given that it's just an album's worth of jams and out takes.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

The Kinks - Add It Up

Damn, "Give the People What They Want" was a pretty solid album.  This is the first full listen I have had since 1985.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

Isn't there a whole lot of Spirit In The Sky in the outro of Iron Man?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on September 02, 2016, 07:17:18 PM
Quote from: Josephus on September 02, 2016, 07:07:53 PM
King Crimson. Live in Toronto

:cool:

Jos, didn't you see them there live?

Alas....I had already bought tickets for Roger Hodgson who played the same night. I wish I went though, by all accounts it was a great show. They're in England now I think, doing some shows in London
Civis Romanus Sum

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on September 02, 2016, 08:28:29 PM

Alas....I had already bought tickets for Roger Hodgson who played the same night. I wish I went though, by all accounts it was a great show. They're in England now I think, doing some shows in London

Didn't know about those, two apparently in Aylesbury on Sunday and Monday.   :hmm:

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on September 02, 2016, 09:22:01 PM
Quote from: Josephus on September 02, 2016, 08:28:29 PM

Didn't know about those, two apparently in Aylesbury on Sunday and Monday.   :hmm:

Right, Aylesbury. Have some Brit friends of mine going.
Civis Romanus Sum

garbon

mongers

Blue Oyster Cult - 'Fire Of Unknown Origin' - still love the lyrics to track 'Veteran Of The Psychic Wars'  :)