News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Holy Shit! How the fuck did I miss this? One of Weird Al's best!

Party in the C.I.A.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-CG5w4YwOI
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Hey, I found a version of Jay Sean's Down without Lil Wayne's dumb, fatuous lyricism fucking up the joint.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Zoupa

Quote from: Ideologue on September 30, 2011, 09:18:30 AM
Red Hot Chili Peppers--Snow.  I like the noodly part.

Was listening to that in the car today  :hug:

Eddie Teach

Milli Vanilli- Girl I'm going to miss you
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 16, 2011, 01:42:38 AM
:lol:

I went to a concert last night at Slim's in SF. Kamelot. Opening acts The Agonist, Blackguard, Alestorm. Kind of a thing for my birthday.

The Agonist: Sort of a gothy metal band with one growler and a chick singer...who also growls. Meh. The chick seemed like she could sing well, but her mike was too low for me to hear her. Plus, she growled too, so whatever kind of voice she has now won't last long doing that. I have never heard of them before yesterday. They didn't seem totally untalented behind the growling, but I didn't really like their set. It's possible they sound a little better on recording, but I'm too lazy to look.

Blackguard: These asshats from Montreal I have seen before. A few months ago when I went to a Symphony X show (who rocked). They are a growly speed metal band--again, not untalented musicians, but they know one speed and do one thing. And it's not my thing. I was disappointed to see them on the schedule. I'd rather see something I've never seen before but at least has a chance to be good than something I know I won't be into. Like the previous time I saw them I also saw that band PowerGlove (yes, named after the Nintendo controller), which was a lot of fun.

Alestorm: This band comes from Scotland and Northern Ireland. The singer is clearly one of the NI guys, judging from his accent. They do metal about drinking and piracy. It's like the Irish metal pirate rovers. Frankly, I was thoroughly entertained. I like the Irish Rovers doing pub songs and this was basically that turned up to eleven. No ninjas allowed.

Kamelot: Well well, what do I say? When I bought the tickets for this show, singer Roy Khan had not yet left the band officially. When I found out about it, I figured I'd go anyway, what the hell. You probably don't know, but he is easily one of the best metal singers ever, and it was around the time he joined the band that they really became good, IMO. It's like Maiden without Bruce. There are rumors that he found God and decided metal wasn't christian enough. Imagine that. A band full of a bunch of guys from Florida, and one Norwegian, and it's the bloody viking who decides to quit for Jesus. Damn Eurofundies. But truth be told, the man has incredible talent. I would have a hard time definitively calling any of the top-tier singers in the genre better than him. Or even the best opera singers. Whatever. He's a nun now. What a fucking shame.
    The guy replacing him for the tour was an Italian guy with the hopelessly stereotypical name of Fabio Lione. He's from a band called Rhapsody of Fire. He did a good job, but he was no substitute. Still, the show was good. The Florida guys all still kick ass. Keyboardist Oliver Pelotai's girlfriend Simone Simmons (from Epica) is apparently traveling with them and did her parts on all the songs she guest-recorded with Kamelot. She's awesome. And hott.
    So, still fun. Decent show. Hell, I'd go see Barney on Ice if my wife would dress like she did last night...

:lol: I really need to keep up with this thread more.  S and I saw this lineup when they hit Philly a few days later.  We both agreed the bondage gear could be put to much better use for the chick from the Agonist. :perv:

Other than that, same assessment, although Fabio managed to fuck up The Human Stain, which is probably one of the easiest songs in Kamelot's set.  Tom Youngblood (guitarist/de facto bandleader) did NOT look amused.
Experience bij!

11B4V

A little Free and Bad Company.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habsburg

Veinte Anos, Maria Teresa Vera

11B4V

Dead Skin Mask, Get Born Again, Seasons in the Abyss.......
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

David Guetta and Akon--Sexy Bitch.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ideologue

John [Cougar] Mellencamp--Beige to Beige.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Oh, sweet, this Youtube thing is a playlist.  Human wheels spin round and round while the clock keeps the pace.  Mellencamp's a pretty underrated guy.
Kinemalogue