Started by Syt, September 29, 2009, 10:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: KRonn on September 29, 2009, 01:47:08 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on September 29, 2009, 12:25:19 PM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on September 29, 2009, 12:23:00 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 29, 2009, 10:33:57 AM
Not sure if the mother was fully mentally stable

Having your house surrounded for 7 years by a baying mob armed with knives and metal bars will do that to you

I am trying to figure out how the police wouldn't have the resources to deal with years of this, by I presume the same parties.

Really?! WTF?!? 

So nothing could be done by parents of the thug minded kids, nor the police, nor anything done as this went on for years? And who are the deranged wackos of the local neighborhood who feel so compelled to harass defenseless people, including a young girl?   :mad:
Quote from: Faeelin on September 29, 2009, 12:25:19 PM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on September 29, 2009, 12:23:00 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 29, 2009, 10:33:57 AM
Not sure if the mother was fully mentally stable

Having your house surrounded for 7 years by a baying mob armed with knives and metal bars will do that to you

I am trying to figure out how the police wouldn't have the resources to deal with years of this, by I presume the same parties.

Really?! WTF?!? 

So nothing could be done by parents of the thug minded kids, nor the police, nor anything done as this went on for years? And who are the deranged wackos of the local neighborhood who feel so compelled to harass defenseless people, including a young girl?   :mad:

I think that there has to be more to this story.  I mean, when I was in school, I could have seen people calling a disabled student names on the playground or in the cafeteria, but following her home to taunt her there?  And throwing rocks at her house, and locking her older brother in a shed and beating him with a metal bar?  There's got to be more to this than just making fun of a handicapped girl.

Caliga

Quote from: dps on September 29, 2009, 03:09:41 PM
I think that there has to be more to this story.  I mean, when I was in school, I could have seen people calling a disabled student names on the playground or in the cafeteria, but following her home to taunt her there?  And throwing rocks at her house, and locking her older brother in a shed and beating him with a metal bar?  There's got to be more to this than just making fun of a handicapped girl.
OBVIOUS CONCLUSION:  British people are more eviller than American people.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: lustindarkness on September 29, 2009, 01:27:22 PM
shitty situation, in AL this would not have happened:
the bullies would have all be shot the second time they showed up, the mother would be in prison for it and the disabled teen would be in some shitty state run nursing home.
Depends, does Alabama have the castle doctrine? Mom might not even end up in prison.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: Caliga on September 29, 2009, 03:23:14 PM

Well, duh, of course they are.  That's why we threw off our British oppressors back in '76.

DGuller

Have the basic facts been confirmed, or did this story basically take the mother's word from the police reports?

Neil

So nothing could be done by parents of the thug minded kids, nor the police, nor anything done as this went on for years?
Remember, these are poor people doing the harrassing.  Think Jos and his family.

The parents would be outraged if anyone suggested that their children weren't flawless.  That's the way scum is.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sheilbh

I don't know, it sounds plausible.  Certainly the following her home and taunting her and the throwing rocks.  The metal bar bit's obviously very extreme.
Let's bomb Russia!

Agelastus

Quote from: Caliga on September 29, 2009, 03:23:14 PM

Hollywood would agree with you; after all, when they want a man capable of portraying real villainty they send for a British thespian.

As for the case, I think I have some sympathy for the police. From what I've heard on the television news, the harassment had gone on for years BUT the lady in question seems to have called the police only a few times, with months between calls. I suspect this lead to all the incidents being treated as separate isolated occurrences rather than part of a more serious pattern that demanded urgent action.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Caliga

Quote from: Agelastus on September 30, 2009, 08:36:33 AM
Hollywood would agree with you; after all, when they want a man capable of portraying real villainty they send for a British thespian.

I learned about the American Revolution from the movie The Patriot.  I therefore believe the British = Nazis.  :hug:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

I was thinking that also, but I also felt that would be getting into blaming the victim more, or that what ever the case it shouldn't have gotten so far anyway.

saskganesh

ok, I'm going to write a thread summary:

it's important that the youth, both gay and not gay, avoid the media slander and are vindicated for their recurring neighbourhood engagements with crazy lady and crippled daughter. the police should also be commended, as clearly they have gone beyond the call of duty.

humans were created in their own image

Korea

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 29, 2009, 11:19:57 AM
If she was going to kill herself, she should've taken some of the bastards with her.

Or at least killed herself and her child in a less horrible and painful way. :(
I want my mother fucking points!

Agelastus

Quote from: Caliga on September 30, 2009, 09:15:39 AM
Quote from: Agelastus on September 30, 2009, 08:36:33 AM

I learned about the American Revolution from the movie The Patriot.  I therefore believe the British = Nazis.  :hug:

Mel Gibson's made a few films that kinda grate in the UK.

I can recall sitting through a rare genuine family get-together (Aunts uncles, cousins, grandparents etc.) with Braveheart on in the background to the after-dinner conversations. You had the science teacher complaining that metallurgy was not good enough in those days to decapitate a man through armour, the historian asking how you could portray the battle of Stirling Bridge without the Bridge, and the Scottish uncle moaning about Mel Gibson's portrayal of William Wallace as a woad painted barbarian, an image denigrating to Scots. :D
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

DGuller

Quote from: Agelastus on September 30, 2009, 05:16:56 PM
Mel Gibson's made a few films that kinda grate in the UK.

I can recall sitting through a rare genuine family get-together (Aunts uncles, cousins, grandparents etc.) with Braveheart on in the background to the after-dinner conversations. You had the science teacher complaining that metallurgy was not good enough in those days to decapitate a man through armour, the historian asking how you could portray the battle of Stirling Bridge without the Bridge, and the Scottish uncle moaning about Mel Gibson's portrayal of William Wallace as a woad painted barbarian, an image denigrating to Scots. :D
And yet nobody complained about Breaveheart getting a 2-year old girl pregnant?  No wonder Polanski is tolerated in Europe.