News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[board] American Megafauna opponents wanted

Started by Tamas, September 28, 2009, 06:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Well, I will be off to a wine-fest in a couple of hours, won't return until Sunday, that is the deadline for BB. :P

As I was saying, I am planning to free us from sending CB files as much as possible, so I will attach screenshots of epoch cards here, we will handle the auction here, and I will apply the result and send it out.

It should go as a breeze until the map gets overcrowded.

Jaron

Quote from: Tamas on October 03, 2009, 04:54:31 AM
Well, I will be off to a wine-fest in a couple of hours, won't return until Sunday, that is the deadline for BB. :P

As I was saying, I am planning to free us from sending CB files as much as possible, so I will attach screenshots of epoch cards here, we will handle the auction here, and I will apply the result and send it out.

It should go as a breeze until the map gets overcrowded.

How very Martinuseque of you
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tamas

:(

So whoever is interested and declares it here gets BB's reptile race. If he does show up with a CB file first he keeps it.

If neither happens in a short period of time, I will kick out the dogface race, pick up the reptiles, and do a 3 players game.

Tamas

So, our 3 players game has started. I have taken over the reptiles and dropped the dogfaces from the game.

First turn's epoch card made Sedge Tundra appear in Beringia (see attachment)

EDIT: I have decided that despite being only 3, we will go 2 epoch cards per turn.

Tamas

An explanation for lurkers:

The "G" on that biome counter means that a herbivore must have the "G" (gazing) gene in order to survive on the biome. The "N" in the white background means that herbivores having the most "N" (nocturnal) DNA are in advantage over the rest of the herbivores on the biome.

Jaron

Tamas

Okay so the second epoch card of Turn 1 is a DNA. A very useful one!

As you can see, it gives two browsing and one gazing DNA, altough it has a size limit of 2-3. In practice this means that whoever buys it can not use it on Turn 1, because the expressing DNA phase (putting cards from hand to play) is before the size-alteration phase.

But despite the size limitations this can be a ver lucrative DNA card because there are currently 5 biomes on the map which could allow herbivores to survive on with this DNA, effectively doubling the allowed livespace for them, half of it with no competition from other species (yet).
Also note that the most mammal teeth win ties, so if tied, Jaron would win the election.

To start things off, I bid 2 genes (each of us has 6 right now)

Jaron

ulmont

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

After heavy bidding on MSN, Jaron wins the DNA card for 4 genes.

Next step is deciding on being herbivore or carnivore, and if you want your race to grow to size 2.

Ulmont is going carnivore, I am staying herbivore and growing to size 2 (about 200 kilograms).

Jaron's race is the most unsuite for carnivorism and needs size 2 to use his newly bought DNA next turn, so his choice is quite clear.

After that, the next step is population growth: a second population will be placed in every biome where there is one already.

After that, herbivore migration: at the start, the question for me and Jaron: do we want to move a population to an other "NONE" square, or not? I will be moving one of my pops to Greenland (biome #166)

So in summary, the answers I need to end the turn:

-is ulmont growing to size 2
-is Jaron moving one of his population to an other biome? If yes, where?
-after that is done, where do ulmont's predators go to feed? They can catch both other races so the choice is rather free.

Jaron

Question: Can ulmonts carnies eat my herbies?

Barrister

Quote from: Tamas on October 04, 2009, 03:58:45 AM

So whoever is interested and declares it here gets BB's reptile race. If he does show up with a CB file first he keeps it.

If neither happens in a short period of time, I will kick out the dogface race, pick up the reptiles, and do a 3 players game.

Soon.  Very soon.

It's just a matter of getting cyberboard set up and figuring out the rules.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Quote from: Jaron on October 04, 2009, 03:42:40 PM
Question: Can ulmonts carnies eat my herbies?

They can feed on them yes but that does not remove your population.

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on October 04, 2009, 03:43:18 PM
Quote from: Tamas on October 04, 2009, 03:58:45 AM

Soon.  Very soon.

It's just a matter of getting cyberboard set up and figuring out the rules.

We have already started but there is a rule for late arrivals so if/when you are ready let me know and you can join as newly-arriving dogface people.