And we're back!

Main Menu

[board] American Megafauna opponents wanted

Started by Tamas, September 28, 2009, 06:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on September 28, 2009, 01:49:54 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 28, 2009, 11:39:25 AM
Well unless he just quits the game and leaves everyone elser hanging...

Oh you mean like you did when we were going to play RoR?

:Embarrass:

At least we hadn't started the game...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

ulmont

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Habbaku

For the record, it's being reprinted in the very near future (supposed to be on my doorstep some time in October) and I plan on attempting to GM it.  :smarty:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Jaron

I assume you'll be saving me a spot. Rome isn't Rome without Jaron i it. :frog:

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on September 28, 2009, 02:05:18 PM

For the record, it's being reprinted in the very near future (supposed to be on my doorstep some time in October) and I plan on attempting to GM it.  :smarty:

I am in!

jimmy olsen

Mammals winning out was hardly the upset of the eon, what with the asteroid hitting the earth it was more like the favored team getting gunned down by terrorist while up 100-0 with a minute left in the game.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 28, 2009, 08:37:12 PM
Mammals winning out was hardly the upset of the eon, what with the asteroid hitting the earth it was more like the favored team getting gunned down by terrorist while up 100-0 with a minute left in the game.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Agelastus

Damn, that's embarassing. I couldn't place that image until I had scrolled down and read Tim's post.

I'm trying to get my head round the rules of this game. Looks interesting (and judging by the notes at the end of the rules, the designer so has an agenda.)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 28, 2009, 08:37:12 PM

Frankly, catastrophes every once in a while are more like features, not bugs. So in fact us, mammals were the winning team because we had a construct which allowed us to survive what the dinos could not.

Tamas

The 4 starting species. I will start with cynodont because I think they have a hard time (the other 3 are much more balanced between each other):

their only hope is being the only race which can be both a herbivore and a carnivore at the same time (at one area they eat herbs, in the other they hunt / eat eggs)

The species most capable to turn into a carnivore (from the starting species) is the pseudosuchian:

And there is the über-reptile rhynchosaur:

and the best starting herbivore (has most teeth which is one of the deciding factors when competing for a space on a biomass), the dicynodont:

Of course, new species can enter play through them being drawn from the events pool. What is more likely, however, is that you get DNAs for your species and modify them that way. (size can be modifed gradually, but "free of charge" during the game).

Tamas

Tamas