News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Roman Polanski arrested in Zürich

Started by Syt, September 27, 2009, 07:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 01, 2009, 03:47:10 PM
And this move just makes Polanski's defenders look worse, if that's possible.

Why?  :huh:

Barrister

If Polanski was smart, he would announce a news conference from behind bars, state he is tired of "running", that he is dropping all appeals, and will return to face the charges.

Over the next few weeks his PR people supply a constant stream of stories about how he is (or is not) holding up under the enormous strength, with tales of pity about how bravely the nearly 80 year old man is baring under the circumstances.

By the end of the day this brave old man, a holocaust survivor no less, returns to the US and the groundswell to release him or give him a nominal sentence is so overwhelming he is immediately released.

And Polanski then announces his triumphant new film coming out in theatres next year.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

It's a decent plan.  With any luck he could score some fresh pussy while he's here.

The Brain

He should make a blockbuster, ie a movie that doesn't make any money.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 01, 2009, 04:04:18 PM
It's a decent plan.  With any luck he could score some fresh pussy while he's here.

Almost certainly.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ed Anger

He could hook up with that hideous Kate Gosselin woman. She got a few girls in Polanski's range
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 01, 2009, 04:53:46 PM

He could hook up with that hideous Kate Gosselin woman. She got a few girls in Polanski's range

:lol: ! ! !
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tonitrus

They're remaking all sorts of movies these days.

He could "reboot" Caged Heat.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 01, 2009, 05:01:46 PM

Lolita.
PDH!

dps

Quote from: Caliga on October 01, 2009, 09:31:34 AM
Ok, so maybe I was wrong about nobody calling for life imprisonment.  :blush:
Well, at his age, the 3-4 years you mentioned might well be the same as life.

I personally would not have minded if he had gotten the max 30 years ago, but I see little purpose in doing so now.

I think what I'd like to see is for him to serve another 48-60 days for the original crime, and then 1-2 years for the flight.  That should send a message that if you run, you're just making it worse for yourself.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 01, 2009, 04:53:46 PM
I can't stand to look at photos of her.  Worst hairstyle ever.  It's like a mullet in reverse.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 01, 2009, 11:56:53 AM
Bah. the "America" bit was throw-away. Just some sarcastic humour  I forgot not everyone understands those concepts (humor or sarcasm)
You also forgot that maybe it was your usage of the "sarcastic humor" that was at fault... oh, wait.  I forgot.  You don't think anyone at Languish admits mistakes, so naturally you don't consider doing so yourself.

QuoteWho on this board actually asks open ended questions? That's not how it works here. You say something you think is either brilliant, trollish, stupid, clever, etc and wait for others to respond in kind.
Well, I ask them JR asks them, BB asks them, Yi (especially) asks them... so we are left with the necessity of translating your "not how it works here" to "not how it works here for me." Okay.  Just don't bitch so much, then, when others "pull a BuddhaRhubarb."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 01, 2009, 06:05:13 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on October 01, 2009, 05:01:46 PM

Lolita.

17 year old Dominique Swain was hott.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?