News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Roman Polanski arrested in Zürich

Started by Syt, September 27, 2009, 07:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: Martinus on September 30, 2009, 09:01:22 AM

I think the best part was her using her 20 y.o. son alleged "experience" of not being able to resist advances of all these horny 13 y.o. girls.

I really wish the camera was there at his home to see his face when she was saying that.  :lol:
Lol... Like I said, people are coming out of the woodwork to say anything that they feel is some sort of vindication for RP. Perhaps they better think of what they're going to say first.    ;) 
That poor actress's son... now we have to watch and see if a 20yo son of an actress gets arrested sometime soon.   :D

grumbler

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 30, 2009, 09:27:54 AM
There is also the booze and hard drugs he slipped her.
True, but many Euros are perfectly okay with 13-year-olds having some wine, and those types tend to be generally less uptight about drugs as well.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 30, 2009, 09:41:20 AM
I especially liked the film critic whose deconstruction of Polanski's film proves that Polanski understands, humanizes and values women.
Why do people keep throwing up smokescreens like this?  So he "understands, humanizes and values women".... that has no impact on whether or not he drugged and raped one. :mellow:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on September 30, 2009, 10:15:05 AM
I especially liked the film critic whose deconstruction of Polanski's film proves that Polanski understands, humanizes and values women.
Why do people keep throwing up smokescreens like this?  So he "understands, humanizes and values women".... that has no impact on whether or not he drugged and raped one. :mellow:

Yeah last I checked misunderstanding, dehumanizing, and not valuing women were not crimes, while raping women is.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on September 30, 2009, 10:15:05 AM
The irony of course is that the critic is a woman.

And she totally doesn't get why people are upset with her.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kim-morgan/roman-polanski-understand_b_301292.html
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

I just don't get why the guy's friends can't say stuff more like "Roman Polanski is my friend and I respect/love him and support him, but he committed a crime and he needs to answer for it.  I'll be there to support him during his incarceration and once he's served his time."  Why does it have to be "he's my bud and he's talented so THEREFORE THSI IS MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE LOOOOOOOL"  :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

I love how it seems that the overwhelming majority of posters on all the leftist sites I frequent (HuffPo, Advocate, some Polish ones) are shooting the elites out of water over their defense of Polanski.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on September 30, 2009, 10:21:17 AM
I just don't get why the guy's friends can't say stuff more like "Roman Polanski is my friend and I respect/love him and support him, but he committed a crime and he needs to answer for it.  I'll be there to support him during his incarceration and once he's served his time."  Why does it have to be "he's my bud and he's talented so THEREFORE THSI IS MISCARRIAGE OF JUSTICE LOOOOOOOL"  :huh:

Because the slut asked for it. :P

Besides, I suspect many people in the artistic community have similar sins on their conscience - maybe not rape per se, but probably walking a fine line between consensual sex and coercion/sex-with-drugged-people/sex with underage girls.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on September 30, 2009, 09:16:01 AM
If that is true, that is pretty unfair. I mean, especially in sexual cases people may often enter plea bargain even if they are not guilty, just to spare themselves public shame and humiliation (especially when they are accused of stuff like using a prostitute or public indecency, or soliciting sex in an airport bathroom), even if the case against them is dubious. If the judge can then essentially entrap them like this, this is hardly fair.

Not really. I mean in his cases he plead to only one crime when there had been heaps of charges against him.  That's pretty fair.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on September 30, 2009, 10:26:07 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 30, 2009, 09:16:01 AM
If that is true, that is pretty unfair. I mean, especially in sexual cases people may often enter plea bargain even if they are not guilty, just to spare themselves public shame and humiliation (especially when they are accused of stuff like using a prostitute or public indecency, or soliciting sex in an airport bathroom), even if the case against them is dubious. If the judge can then essentially entrap them like this, this is hardly fair.

Not really. I mean in his cases he plead to only one crime when there had been heaps of charges against him.  That's pretty fair
Yeah I thought it works differently.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on September 30, 2009, 10:24:43 AM
I love how it seems that the overwhelming majority of posters on all the leftist sites I frequent (HuffPo, Advocate, some Polish ones) are shooting the elites out of water over their defense of Polanski.

You have time to frequent other sites?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Martinus on September 30, 2009, 10:26:04 AM
Quote from: Caliga on September 30, 2009, 10:21:17 AM

Because the slut asked for it. :P

Besides, I suspect many people in the artistic community have similar sins on their conscience - maybe not rape per se, but probably walking a fine line between consensual sex and coercion/sex-with-drugged-people/sex with underage girls.
That probably wasn't rape rape.  Just rape.
PDH!

Neil

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 30, 2009, 10:28:05 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 30, 2009, 10:24:43 AM

You have time to frequent other sites?  :huh:
Pretending to be a lawyer on the internet is a full time job.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.