Main Menu

Choose Any Aircraft For Free.

Started by mongers, March 25, 2009, 06:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Why not? 2.1 Billions worth of stuff.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Octavian

When I saw the thread title I first thought it was a new marketing scheme from Gripen and the Swedes.

It made sense.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

The Brain

Since nuclear aircraft never made it beyond prototypes I don't know.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Strix

I'd say a B-17 Flying Fortress.  :bowler:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Viking

Stuka. What else.. The only unarmed plane you can actually attack with...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Barrister

A de Havilland Beaver.  :wub:
http://www.lauzonaviation.com/uploads/sections/DeHavilland_Beaver.jpg

I actuaally got to fly in one owned by a bush pilot in northern Manitoba - he called his company Red Sucker Air. :lol:

(of course when you explain that he was based out of Red Sucker Lake it doesn't sound as funny).

The Beaver was the plane that opened the north, and would actually be affordable to own.

One of these days I WILL get my general aviation license... :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

Quote from: Strix on March 26, 2009, 04:58:13 PM
See, that's what I don't understand:  why would anyone ask for one of the most-difficult-to-fly, least-rewarding planes in history?  I think they are fascinating planes, but owning one would give me no pleasure.

I could learn to fly a P-38, and like it.  Not so anything much bigger.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

What is it with gays and passenger planes?  Is love for them drilled into you at gay camp?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 27, 2009, 01:42:13 PM
What is it with gays and passenger planes?  Is love for them drilled into you at gay camp?
If flight crew is free too why would I want a small fighter plane or an uncomfortable drafty bomber?  Give me a kitchen, a bar and a team of stewards any day :p
Let's bomb Russia!

KRonn

Quote from: Strix on March 26, 2009, 04:58:13 PM
A few times I've seen and heard a B-17 at air shows at the local airport. I loved the sound of the engines, just like the sound they make on movies or historical shows, but  heard up close in person. That was pretty cool. Saw them and fighters flying around, doing take-offs and landings. Good stuff. I think the fighters were P-51s and P-47s, maybe a P-38 or Corsair. I forget which fighters actually. Also a B-24 usually makes the rounds too. Probably the planes will make a tour this summer; raise money for the upkeep and also to show them to people. I was a little surprised that the inside of the bombers actually were more cramped than I expected; smaller than the impression I got from seeing them in pictures or movies/documentaries.

Admiral Yi

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt