News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Choose Any Aircraft For Free.

Started by mongers, March 25, 2009, 06:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on March 25, 2009, 07:45:55 PM
Interesting choice, but god knows much an hours fuel for one of those things would cost.

Yeah, that's from the More Money Than God file.

Speaking of props, A-1 Skyraider would be a badass private aircraft.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 25, 2009, 07:41:05 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 25, 2009, 07:35:40 PM
But I'd have to go with the JU-87 Stuka.  Just to scare the piss out of the local synagogues with the Jericho Trumpets.  Oh, fuck yeah.

You're so bad.  :lmfao:

There's buzzing the tower, and then there's getting all Eastern Front on the neighbors.

I'm lookin' California, and feelin' Barbarossa.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 25, 2009, 07:50:02 PM
Speaking of props, A-1 Skyraider would be a badass private aircraft.
I thought about the Skyraider, but stripped of it's 8 million pounds of napalm it looks kinda like an Aircobra.

Habsburg

The Suid Afrikaans B707-320B always gets me worked-up.

The Pan Am/Martin China Clipper is pretty sexy as well.

FunkMonk

Quote from: mongers on March 25, 2009, 07:45:55 PM
oh and for all of those selecting single seat fighters, unless you're a pilot, its going to have to sit on the ground or you're going to have to make do with a trainer version.
Honestly, I'd be fine with a radio-controlled model 109. In fact there's no reason I can't get one right now. Hmm
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Also I'd love a C-5 or 17 but I couldn't possibly pay for its upkeep.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

Monoriu

Quote from: mongers on March 25, 2009, 06:49:40 PM
If you could choose to own any aircraft to own for free, what would it be ?

The rules are, it has to have been built, flown and more than one must have been produced.

You get it for free and any necessary maintenance is also free.

All aircrew necessary for it to fly are at no cost to you.

But you have to pay all 'running costs' ie fuel, special gases, landing fees, air transport/traffic fees, hanger rent etc. 

So what is it ?

edit:
I forgot to add, no armanents are included or allowed.

A380.  That's probably the most expensive aircraft that I can sell immediately.  I considered a B-2, but I probably can't sell it. 

Fireblade

Quote from: Monoriu on March 25, 2009, 08:05:33 PM
If you could choose to own any aircraft to own for free, what would it be ?

The rules are, it has to have been built, flown and more than one must have been produced.

You get it for free and any necessary maintenance is also free.

All aircrew necessary for it to fly are at no cost to you.

But you have to pay all 'running costs' ie fuel, special gases, landing fees, air transport/traffic fees, hanger rent etc. 

So what is it ?

edit:

A380.  That's probably the most expensive aircraft that I can sell immediately.  I considered a B-2, but I probably can't sell it.

I'm sure your government would make you a handsome offer.  :whistle:

DontSayBanana

Quote from: grumbler on March 25, 2009, 06:51:29 PM
P-38 Lightning.  J or later model, as I wish to live.
:cheers: At least there's something we can agree on. Sucks that you beat me to it, though. Right down to the J. :P
Experience bij!

jimmy olsen

edit:
Spoilsport :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: DontSayBanana on March 25, 2009, 08:28:14 PM
Quote from: grumbler on March 25, 2009, 06:51:29 PM
P-38 Lightning.  J or later model, as I wish to live.
:cheers: At least there's something we can agree on. Sucks that you beat me to it, though. Right down to the J. :P
Everybody forgets that the P-38 had twice the kill ratio and less than half the loss per sortie of the P-51 in the ETO, despite the P-38 being deployed earlier and facing higher odds.

The P-51 was cheaper and easier to maintain than the Lightning, so it replaced in in Europe (but not the PTO, where the -38 was king until the end).

I have always thought the P-38 was the premier piston fighter of WW2, and would want to fly one even if just twice a year (or even just once).  Just to say i could do it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

So many to choose from. 

A Fokker D-VII would be great, I would avoid any Sopwith (other than the Pup) since I like to live.

Getting an XP-72 with full supercharger and opening it up at, say, 30k feet would be great.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Queequeg

Big: B-36.  Fucking beautiful.
Small: Su-27.  Sukhoi makes some truly beautiful airplanes, fast as fuck as well.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Savonarola

A Sopwith Camel, of course.   :bowler:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock