News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Littering

Started by Admiral Yi, September 24, 2009, 04:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Your position.

I'll fuck up any bitch that tries to stop me.
3 (5.2%)
I litter, but on the sly when no one is watching.
8 (13.8%)
Don't litter, leave others alone.
37 (63.8%)
I wreak vengence on anyone who litters.
8 (13.8%)
I Jaron, but only Jaron when I see others Jaroning.
2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

KRonn

I don't litter, except if there's an enviro type around to cause a fit to.    ;)

Capetan Mihali

I don't litter much, just cigarette butts, debit card receipts, cellophane cigarette pack wrappers, etc.  Most of the time I stuff everything but the butts into my pockets until I get home.

Everyone litters in my neighborhood, I'd be risking a fight 5 times a day if I got in people's faces about it.  Women eating wings and throwing the bones on the pavement as they walk down a busy street, men throwing entire soft drink and styrofoam fast food containers right in front of the bus as they get on, every schoolkid throwing potato chip bags and candy bar wrappers on the ground, whole plastic bags of household trash into the vacant lots....  It's just part of the scenery at this point.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

DontSayBanana

I bitch loudly at litter that's on the ground, silently wish death upon those I catch doing it.

I'm a little OCD and have been known to walk around "straightening up" if I have nothing better to do. :blush:
Experience bij!

garbon

I accidentally frowned when in New York when I watched this man drop a handful of crumpled up paper on the ground...about 10 feet from a trashcan. He turned to his wife and said "I'll fuck him up." :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2009, 12:59:08 AM
I accidentally frowned when in New York when I watched this man drop a handful of crumpled up paper on the ground...about 10 feet from a trashcan. He turned to his wife and said "I'll fuck him up." :(

To be fair, in New York, simply making eye contact would be grounds for somebody to say "I'll fuck him up."
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

That depends. I certainly don't see Minsky making comments like that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 25, 2009, 01:05:48 AM
To be fair, in New York, simply making eye contact would be grounds for somebody to say "I'll fuck him up."

Not in Chelsea...although it isn't as friendly as Castro where making eye contact is grounds for somebody to say "I'll fuck you."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Brazen

I was brought up not to litter. You'd get eaten by Wombles or something if you threw something on the floor. If there were no bins around (there's been very few in central London due to terrorists of one variety or another), you had to put the offending article, however icky, in your pocket.

In her latter stages of Alzheimers, my mum would pick up every bit of litter when out walking, which got pretty unhygienic.

Maximus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 24, 2009, 08:01:16 PM
I don't litter much, just cigarette butts, debit card receipts, cellophane cigarette pack wrappers, etc.  Most of the time I stuff everything but the butts into my pockets until I get home.
You call that not much? :yeahright:

The cigarette butts are pretty disgusting. In Nova Scotia it was chewing gum. The pavement in front of stores etc had a nice pink, white and green latex coating.

Strix

I don't litter but don't make a point of yelling at others if they do.

It's interesting, on a personal level, to note how much that attitude has changed since the 1970's. I remember people basically littering left and right back than especially out car windows.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Malthus

In Toronto, the local culture was very anti-littering. It may be changed now, but when I was growing up, it was simply assumed that you would hold on to garbage until you found a garbage can.

Even to this day, I have an instinctive hatred for littering. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

In Vienna there's garbage bins at almost every corner, so there's no excuse for littering. :ultra:

The only thing worse is smoking within sub stations.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on September 25, 2009, 10:37:24 AM
In Vienna there's garbage bins at almost every corner, so there's no excuse for littering. :ultra:

In Montreal too...they are just always full.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Monoriu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 24, 2009, 07:16:00 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on September 24, 2009, 07:06:17 PM
Don't litter, leave others alone. 

But that's not always possible.  As my wife's policy seems to be "don't litter, but I'll stare at you and talk about it to ensure that everybody near the scene knows that it's you".
Does you wife look anything like the cigarette lady in Kung Fu Hustle?

She doesn't look like her, but sometimes she does act like her. 

Trouble is, I am not like the landlord at all

Alcibiades

Don't litter in my country.... In Iraq... :whistle:

But seriously, this is what their streets look like, so if they didn't care why should I?

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain