News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More cat trouble, CdM headed for Philly

Started by Viking, September 23, 2009, 03:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

More cat torture... though in this case the cat doesn't seem to have made the connect between roll of tape and human.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1215499/Cat-wrapped-head-foot-duct-tape-Philadelphia.html

QuotePictured: The cat who was found in a sticky situation - wrapped head to foot in duct tape

It's one of the more bizarre scenes of cruelty that animal safety officers have ever come across.

But even this cruel and unusual punishment does not appear to have dampened this cat's spirits.

The female tan and black striped feline was found wandering the streets of Philadelphia wrapped head to foot in duct tape - that most powerful of all tapes

Lucky for her, she was spotted by a woman who promptly called the SPCA yesterday.

A humane officer from the SPCA found her wandering the Rhawnhurst section of Philadelphia and carted her up to safety.

The tape was wrapped around her from her neck to her tail. But - armed with a great deal of patience - SPCA officers were able to remove it completely, saying she is now doing well.

And the shocking treatment does not appear to have made the cat more wary of humans.

Video of her after the tape was removed shows her purring and enjoying cuddles with a SPCA officer.

All stops are being pulled out to find the culprits. A $1,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the conviction of those responsible for the sticky attack.

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

FunkMonk

Probably some idiot kids messing with the neighbor's cat.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Neil

A thousand bucks?  Where do they come up with the money to waste on these sorts of things?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2009, 04:04:13 PM
A thousand bucks?  Where do they come up with the money to waste on these sorts of things?

Kind old ladies of both sexes. Yeah CdM I'm looking at you.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Could make that money back. Make the cat a spokescat for 3M.  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Am I a bad person because I think that picture's really funny?   :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Agelastus

Quote from: Barrister on September 23, 2009, 04:29:07 PM
Am I a bad person because I think that picture's really funny?   :huh:

Only if I'm one too. It is very funny.

Although it probably wouldn't be if we didn't know that the cat hadn't been rendered hairless by the experience.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

DGuller

How did they manage to get the tape off without ripping the fur out?

Agelastus

Quote from: DGuller on September 23, 2009, 04:53:26 PM
How did they manage to get the tape off without ripping the fur out?

I have no idea, but the article makes no mention of her losing it and specifies she is "happy and purring" so I assume the cat still has most to all of its' fur.

Don't know why I said hair...must have been thinking of monkeys for some reason.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Capetan Mihali

Saw this on the news last night.  They sedated the cat and then I guess they just pulled it off really slowly.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Jaron

Why do people always make it sound like CdM grabs his gun and heads to the scene whenever there is animal cruelty? We've had many of these threads over the past year and his stance has been utter indifference.

I think he only cares about *his* cats.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tonitrus

The article says duct tape is "the strongest of all tapes", but I have found, and perhaps it is due to a large amount of cheap varieties out there, that when wet, it unsticks rather easily (though this also probably depends on the surface, usually not fur).

Brazen

As anyone who has been involved in duct tape bondage knows, baby oil is the way out.

The Brain

Quote from: Brazen on September 24, 2009, 04:16:55 AM
As anyone who has been involved in duct tape bondage knows, baby oil is the way out.

Baby oil? Barbarism! :o
Women want me. Men want to be with me.