News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

MIT runs "Gaydar" experiment on Facebook

Started by Syt, September 21, 2009, 11:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on September 21, 2009, 12:00:06 PM
Well, I kinda agree but then again straight people talk about their sexuality in many ways that does not involve sex - how many times have you heard about someone's wife or kids or whatnot? Of course that's fucking boring too.

Well yeah if you lived with a partner and spent all your time with him, he would probably come up in conversations also. :P

I hardly think talking about the people who, you know, live with you is some sort of bizarre straight characteristic.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Well, I kinda agree but then again straight people talk about their sexuality in many ways that does not involve sex - how many times have you heard about someone's wife or kids or whatnot? Of course that's fucking boring too.

What gay equivalents are there? Our furniture?

Still, by my description, would you say I'm in a closet?

No.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on September 21, 2009, 12:04:08 PM

Well yeah if you lived with a partner and spent all your time with him, he would probably come up in conversations also. :P

Yeah, that's what I meant. I think I'm mostly "closeted" because I don't have a stable relationship at the moment and thus, indeed, talking about my relationships would be talking about sex, as garbon says. If I was in a stable relationship, I suppose I would have naturally come out of the closet, without the need to talk about sex.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on September 21, 2009, 12:04:45 PM
What gay equivalents are there? Our furniture?
You can talk about your dog or your botox shots. :P

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on September 21, 2009, 12:04:08 PM
I hardly think talking about the people who, you know, live with you is some sort of bizarre straight characteristic.
Hey Valmy, why do you always have to take my posts about straight people in their most heterophobic interpretation. I was responding to garbon's post that references to one's sexuality in conversations must mean talking about sex - by showing examples of why it doesn't have to be the case. Relax. :P

Martinus

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on September 21, 2009, 12:09:08 PM
Hey Valmy, why do you always have to take my posts about straight people in their most heterophobic interpretation. I was responding to garbon's post that references to one's sexuality in conversations must mean talking about sex - by showing examples of why it doesn't have to be the case. Relax. :P

Well you did say you find those heterosexual topics to be boring.

Anyway, I think you proved my case on the gay front. ;)

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on September 21, 2009, 12:09:08 PM

Because I have taken a love to vitriolic languish-like rants on this site.  I think all my years here have gotten to me :P

Also you said we were dull :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on September 21, 2009, 12:09:27 PM
No, but I could get one. :P

You could also get a girlfriend (and not in the "oh, girlfriend, you'll never believe what I just heard" sort of way).

Martinus

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on September 21, 2009, 12:11:31 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 21, 2009, 12:09:27 PM
No, but I could get one. :P

You could also get a girlfriend (and not in the "oh, girlfriend, you'll never believe what I just heard" sort of way).

Nah. It's enough my "boyfriends" do that.  <_<

Valmy

BuddhaRhubarb

People who do internet "studies" are tards: film @ 11.

:p

garbon

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on September 21, 2009, 12:17:09 PM
People who do internet "studies" are tards: film @ 11.

Actually, they are called college students. :mellow: