News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dazzingly Urbanites: Codewords 101

Started by Strix, September 20, 2009, 09:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strix

Ok, so when did passionate become the codeword for being an ass?

It seems a lot of dazzingly urbanites have been using passionate as an explanation/excuse for rude and obnoxious behavior. A couple of good examples are Serena William's actions at the US Open when she verbally threatened a judge than refused to apologize and also when Kanye West took the mic from Taylor Swift in the middle of an acceptance speech and others are defending him stating he was just being "super-passionate" about Beyonce not getting the award.

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

CountDeMoney

Strix

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 20, 2009, 09:03:46 AM
Oh no he di'int.  You so stupid.

Your proximity to the Mecca of Dazzingly Urbanitism has served you well.  :worthy:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

The Brain

Black people are passionate about being asses? Sounds racist to me.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Slargos

Hoodlums pelting ambulances, firetrucks, police cars and metermaids with rocks and molotov cocktails = attention seeking youth.

Political terrorists breaking up legal demonstrations and beating up people belong to the "wrong" parties = defenders of democracy.

It's not rape, it's cultural misunderstanding.

It's not arson, it's a cry for help.

Don't get me started...  :cry:

Sheilbh

I didn't know anyone was defending Kanye.  I thought he was universally thought to have behaved like a bit of tit?
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 20, 2009, 01:42:42 PM
I didn't know anyone was defending Kanye.  I thought he was universally thought to have behaved like a bit of tit?
Indeed. Even Obama called him a "jackass".

Likewise, I don't recall seeing anyone defending Serena (great name btw, considering she freaked out like that :D) Williams either.

Jaron

When did dazzling urbanite become a codeword for nigger?

I always thought it was used to refer to a particular breed of negro, but Strix is using it now to apply it against an entire people, an entire culture. How uncouth of him.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

Quote from: Jaron on September 20, 2009, 02:36:05 PM

I always thought it was used to refer to a particular breed of negro, but Strix is using it now to apply it against an entire people, an entire culture. How uncouth of him.

Heh I had a hard time putting a finger on it, but I think you hit the nail on the head, as to what bothered me about this thread. Good job Jaron.

Scipio

It's from Blazing Saddles, you fucking idiot.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Jaron

Quote from: Scipio on September 20, 2009, 04:45:00 PM

It's from Blazing Saddles, you fucking idiot.

My, my, my - hasn't marriage made us an angry man? ^_^

I've never seen Blazing Saddles so I cannot comment on that, but my point stands. CdM introduced the word into this forums linguistic culture and used it to refer to a very certain type of negro - he reserves nigger, moon cricket, and coon for all the others.

So go fuck yourself, loser.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on September 20, 2009, 04:47:49 PM
My, my, my - hasn't marriage made us an angry man? ^_^

You've obviously forgotten what Skippy was like before his nuptials. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Probably another MTVesque attention whoring.  They pull these stunts to get attention since its been a couple of decades since MTV showed any music.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 20, 2009, 05:00:24 PM
Probably another MTVesque attention whoring.  They pull these stunts to get attention since its been a couple of decades since MTV showed any music.

Fucking kids these days.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 20, 2009, 05:00:54 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 20, 2009, 05:00:24 PM

Fucking kids these days.

^^^^^^ he admits it!