News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Do You Prefer to Get Dumped or to Dump?

Started by Faeelin, September 19, 2009, 12:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

I'm curious; I've noticed I have a tendency to string out relationships at times because I hate dumping people, and worry about hurting the other person. Choosing the rational approach, I proceed to string it out and only worsen the pain for everyone involved. As such, I almost always prefer to be dumped; while it sucks, it's not me causing it, and I recover pretty quickly.

So I'm curious what everyone else prefers.

Lucidor

HisMajestyBOB

I've always been dumped. Someday I might like to try dumping someone, might be fun.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Lucidor

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 19, 2009, 12:19:11 PM
I've always been dumped. Someday I might like to try dumping someone, might be fun.
Trust me, it's not. Not if you want to stick around and have to comfort them. I wonder if it's not better just to say "it's over, woman! Now, bye!".

Strix

I'd say getting dumped. Not as much guilt involved.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Lucidor on September 19, 2009, 12:21:59 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 19, 2009, 12:19:11 PM
Trust me, it's not. Not if you want to stick around and have to comfort them. I wonder if it's not better just to say "it's over, woman! Now, bye!".

In my mind I picture myself twisting the knife a bit before breaking off all ties forever. :menace:
But I'm too much of a nice, compassionate guy to ever do that.
The best would probably be a mutual break up, with both sides realizing that it won't work.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

PDH

I would like to try getting dumped without her taking all the money, stocks, and furniture.  Might be worth a shot.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ideologue

^ :pinch:

I guess I would prefer getting dumped.  I don't really have much context for it.  I've only been dumped once, and while I was sad at the time, I'm glad she ended it, because she was a really lame girlfriend.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

Getting dumped, I guess. Not counting situations where there was a one night stand and I pretty much never called back, every time I actually dumped someone, I felt bad afterwards and tried to repair/restart the relationship.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Never really done either, have always just....split.
So no clue, to be the dumper I guess, then its my choice.
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

Neither is pleasant but getting dumped is the worse of the two.

Threviel

I prefer to not answer the phone until they stop calling.

garbon

Quote from: Lucidor on September 19, 2009, 12:21:59 PM
I wonder if it's not better just to say "it's over, woman! Now, bye!".

I find that refusing to return phone calls or speak to them when out on the street is best.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.