News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Careers Advice

Started by swallow, September 19, 2009, 03:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swallow

Does anyone know any good careers advice websites/online aptitude tests to recommend?  Nephew's career advice at college is no good

The Brain

Am I missing something here? The obvious answer is Languish.

What do you want to know?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

The magic globe says......
Roller-hairdresser.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

Spy.  There is a serious lack of spies, at least as far as I have noticed when I go to international airports.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

swallow

Tonitrus

Quote from: PDH on September 19, 2009, 08:30:00 AM
Spy.  There is a serious lack of spies, at least as far as I have noticed when I go to international airports.

Not as far-fetched as one might think.  I've actually seen them advertise in rather conspicuous places lately.

https://www.cia.gov/careers/index.html

Or here....

http://www.nsa.gov/careers/

PDH

Back in the Cold War days there were spies everywhere. You couldn't swing a dead cat in an airport without hitting a spy.  They were there, sipping their drinks and exchanging spy stuff, sometimes havng running shootouts with one another.  Oh, those were the days.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Maximus

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 26, 2009, 02:50:45 PM

Not as far-fetched as one might think.  I've actually seen them advertise in rather conspicuous places lately.

https://www.cia.gov/careers/index.html

Or here....

http://www.nsa.gov/careers/
:ph34r:

FunkMonk

Tonitrus is a spy recruiter. All future coups may be attributed to him.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Nuclear power is desperate for people and will be for decades. Only question is, is he man enough?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

swallow

Thanks for being kind enough to put down your suggestions, which also gave me the ideas of Court artist and Town and Country planning because he's arty and sent them on. I also sent him this jobsearch.about.com/od/careertests/Career_Tests.htm as  possibly a good place to start

Savonarola

Quote from: swallow on September 29, 2009, 03:41:15 PM
Thanks for being kind enough to put down your suggestions, which also gave me the ideas of Court artist and Town and Country planning because he's arty and sent them on. I also sent him this jobsearch.about.com/od/careertests/Career_Tests.htm as  possibly a good place to start

I got "Sommelier" on the first one that I took.  :unsure:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Savonarola on September 29, 2009, 04:30:24 PM
Quote from: swallow on September 29, 2009, 03:41:15 PM

I got "Sommelier" on the first one that I took.  :unsure:

Awesome. I want to be the quality taster for Jameson or Macallan.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers