How many hours of sleep do you get in a typical day?

Started by Caliga, March 25, 2009, 07:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many hours of sleep do you get in a typical day?

less than three
3:00-3:59
4:00-4:59
5:00-5:59
6:00-6:59
7:00-7:59
8:00-8:59
9:00-9:59
ten or more

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on March 25, 2009, 08:43:42 AM

I am glad I am not an insomniac. I love to read in bed.

:yes:

One of life's great pleasures.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Quote from: Malthus on March 25, 2009, 09:51:01 AM

Especially a Gor book. Nothing like reading about treating women badly before bed.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

My wife and I don't get enough sleep.

For me, the reason is simple - I have as it were three different lives, and I want to do as much as possible in all three.

1. Life #1 - going to work, plus exercising etc.

2. Life #2 - playing with Carl, reading him stories, giving him his bath, putting him to bed, etc. When I get home this usually takes a couple of hours, plus of course most of the day during those weekend days I'm not working and holidays.

3. Life # 3 - when Carl is asleep, talk over the day with Mrs. Malthus, play computer games, watch movies, read books etc.

Obviously, life #3 eats into sleep time.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Psst. You really only have one life but you play different roles at different times. :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 25, 2009, 09:54:15 AM
Quote from: Malthus on March 25, 2009, 09:51:01 AM

Especially a Gor book. Nothing like reading about treating women badly before bed.

Why read about it in bed when you can do it in bed?  ;)

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on March 25, 2009, 10:08:23 AM
Psst. You really only have one life but you play different roles at different times. :o

Oh my, I never thought of that.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Malthus on March 25, 2009, 10:08:42 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 25, 2009, 09:54:15 AM

Too many rules.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on March 25, 2009, 10:08:42 AM

I think someone needs to read the Good book.

HVC

Usually average around 6. Sometime i go for stretches of around 4 hours a night. Sleep is for the weak :p
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

I make sure I get a minimum of 6, but usually I catch between 7 and 8.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

I really try for 7+ hours.  I start to feel like crap with 6 hours or less.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on March 25, 2009, 10:25:32 AM

:(

Based on the looks of ya, you've been getting less than 6?

crazy canuck

I usually get 8+ hours.

I also like taking naps on holidays and weekends.

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on March 25, 2009, 10:26:33 AM
Quote from: Barrister on March 25, 2009, 10:25:32 AM

:(

Based on the looks of ya, you've been getting less than 6?

Says the Wanda look alike
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.