Previous topic - Next topic

syk

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on September 19, 2009, 02:22:08 AM
Quote from: Agelastus on September 18, 2009, 03:33:58 PM
Quote from: Tyr on September 18, 2009, 03:07:18 PM
Wow, I didn't know the Greens were so significant in Germany :blink:
Thats....weird.
But entirely not unwelcome.

IIRC the Greens have actually been in government as members of a coalition with the SPD in Germany.

Yeah, I think Germany's former foreign minister, Joschka Fischer, was from the Greens.
:thumbsup:

Sheilbh

The FPD don't normally do anywhere near that well do they?
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on September 18, 2009, 03:07:18 PM
Wow, I didn't know the Greens were so significant in Germany :blink:
Thats....weird.
But entirely not unwelcome.

Greens are fags who should be sent to the East.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Alatriste

I didn't think you were a Hansie, Viper... well, I was wrong (incidentally, I'm quite bad at that christian sport of forgetting and pardoning).

To say that when no German soldier has ever set a foot on Iraq, while both German and Spanish soldiers are in this very moment in Afghanistan (and Spanish ones in Lebanon, where in other news US marines still dare not enter) is worthy from the very best La-la Land posts from Hansie.

Really, you shouldn't help the enemy like that, attributing them successes they didn't reach and giving them ridiculous hopes. That's so treasonous it's almost democrat.

Iormlund

Quote from: Syt on September 19, 2009, 12:34:42 AM
Quote from: Iormlund on September 18, 2009, 03:40:47 PM
Does any major party support withdrawal from Afghanistan?

The Greens and Linke, IIRC

Well then the only way I can see it happening is one of those two are needed for a coalition and the main party throws withdrawal from Afghanistan as a bone (and pretty cheap one at that). I doubt an attack would encourage that outcome, though.

Neil

Quote from: Alatriste on September 19, 2009, 06:16:42 AM
(and Spanish ones in Lebanon,
You keep bragging about this, but it's not really that impressive.  The Spanish troops in Lebanon have nothing to fear, because they're working with the Muslim extremists, against the Jews that both the Muslims and Spaniards hate.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Habbaku

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 19, 2009, 05:02:21 AM
The FPD don't normally do anywhere near that well do they?

As far as I know, they've consistently done that well for several elections.  They tend to get ~11% of the vote or somesuch.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Zanza

This could be the strongest result for the FDP ever. Same for the Greens and the Left party by the way. I guess that's what you get when the two biggest parties form a coalition government. The only problem is that no other coalition might be viable after the elections which would result in another coalition between SPD and CDU. :(

Zanza

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on September 18, 2009, 02:53:51 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 18, 2009, 02:49:55 PM
HA! Fuck the greens. Goddamn hippies.

"Linke" would be the far left, though. Mostly former East German SED.

Die Linke  :bleeding: They are seen as a model for the French far left too. After all, they have their little Napoleon too (Oskar LAFONTAINE).  :D