Republican protesters openly admit using racist imagry

Started by Jaron, September 18, 2009, 03:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Razgovory on September 18, 2009, 02:26:48 PM
Seeing the town hall meetings with the daily shrieking white woman screaming "I want my country back" I'd say it's fairly widespread.

Uhhh, people screamed stuff like that when Bush was President.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on September 18, 2009, 02:29:19 PM
I think this assumption is the key to this entire "issue".

What assumption?  That you can use racism as a political weapon?  Why are you quoting Malthus and acting like he is being taken in by some evil leftist conspiracy?  Did you even read what he was saying because this strikes me as completely unrelated.

He was saying it was only indicative of racism if the organizers were attempting to manipulate racism in some way, not that obviously the evil right wing was full of racists.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on September 18, 2009, 02:38:33 PM
Quote from: Berkut on September 18, 2009, 02:29:19 PM
I think this assumption is the key to this entire "issue".

What assumption?  That you can use racism as a political weapon?  Why are you quoting Malthus and acting like he is being taken in by some evil leftist conspiracy?  Did you even read what he was saying because this strikes me as completely unrelated.

He was saying it was only indicative of racism if the organizers were attempting to manipulate racism in some way, not that obviously the evil right wing was full of racists.

I am quoting Malthus because he is the person I was responding to. He did not claim that the right was full of racists, hence there is no need for you to presume that simply because I am quoting him, I am claiming that he DOES think that.

Calm down.

0 rows returned

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on September 18, 2009, 02:31:24 PM
Seeing the town hall meetings with the daily shrieking white woman screaming "I want my country back" I'd say it's fairly widespread.

They called him a stupid redneck, said he looked like a monkey, etc., but that's okay 'cuz he is a white guy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on September 18, 2009, 02:56:29 PM

They called him a stupid redneck, said he looked like a monkey, etc., but that's okay 'cuz he is a white guy.

Right.

The reason the race card is being played now is simply because it CAN be played now - Obama is black, so it is a way to go after those who are opposed to him. I don't see any reason to believe there is anything more to any of this than that.

Are there crazies out there who have a problem with him because he is black? I am sure there are. Is that the basis for the rights opposition to him? No way.

0 rows returned

Razgovory

Of course.  Democrats are just as evil if not more so. :rolleyes:  Find me this widespread hate during Bush's first year in office.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on September 18, 2009, 03:58:38 PM
Find me this widespread hate during Bush's first year in office.

Ehm, do you recall Inaguration Day 2001?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Of course.  Democrats are just as evil if not more so. :rolleyes:  Find me this widespread hate during Bush's first year in office.

He had historically low approval ratings after his first year.

Remember - that was the year that saw a bunch of horriffic cabinet appointments, and it was made clear that his "moderate" campaign facade was just that.

He was HATED after the first year, not the least of which by me for his inane faith based religious funding bullshit.

0 rows returned

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on September 18, 2009, 06:09:56 PM

Really?  You have a polls to back that up compared to say clinton and Obama?

Remember - that was the year that saw a bunch of horriffic cabinet appointments, and it was made clear that his "moderate" campaign facade was just that.

He was HATED after the first year, not the least of which by me for his inane faith based religious funding bullshit.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on September 18, 2009, 06:45:08 PM
I'm randomly inserting my reply into the middle of the mess of quotes. Sure some people are racist against Obama. But it's not "ok" like it was with Bush, where several black congresspeople tried to prevent him from even taking office.

Really?  You have a polls to back that up compared to say clinton and Obama?

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

That usually happens when, oh I dunno, the other guy gets more votes.  I think it's, like, a mathematical thing.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney