Linda MacMahon to challenge Chris Dodd for US Senate

Started by Caliga, September 16, 2009, 07:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

:lol:

I wish it had been Vince though.  He could have challenged Dodd to a cage match. :(

QuoteLinda McMahon running against Dodd
The Associated Press
Updated: 09/16/2009 08:19:17 AM EDT

GREENWICH, Conn.—World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. says Linda McMahon is stepping down as chief executive officer to seek the Republican nomination to run against Connecticut Sen. Christopher Dodd.
WWE said in a statement Wednesday morning that McMahon's husband, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon, is assuming her duties.

Linda McMahon formally announced her candidacy Wednesday morning. She says Washington is "out of control" and Dodd has "lost his way and our trust." She says she has the strength to stand up to special interests and bring change to Washington.

The 60-year-old Greenwich resident is up against three other Republicans—former U.S. Rep. Rob Simmons, state Sen. Sam Caligiuri and former U.S. Ambassador to Ireland Tom Foley. Dodd plans to run for a sixth term next year.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Hey professional wrestlers have a glorious tradition in American politics.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

You heard it here first: some day in the future, there will be a President The Rock. :contract:

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Caliga on September 16, 2009, 07:54:34 AM
You heard it here first: some day in the future, there will be a President The Rock. :contract:

I thought he was sticking to Dwayne Johnson now? :unsure:
Experience bij!

Caliga

He is, but President The Rock sounds infinitely more awesome than President Johnson.

When I think President Johnson I become: enraged.   :mad:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Vince

I can imagine the bipartisanship in that administration.

"It doesn't matter what you think of my bill!"

Caliga

Quote from: Vince on September 16, 2009, 09:26:44 AM
I can imagine the bipartisanship in that administration.

"It doesn't matter what you think of my bill!"
:lol:

When that Joe Wilson dude called out the liar comment he would have responded with "Shut up, you stupid jabroni!"  :cool:

Warspite

I look forward to the People's Budget.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Caliga

"FINE-lee.... President The Rock... has... come... back... to Washington D.C.!"

*holds up next year's budget*

"If ya smellllllllll-el-el-el-el-ellllll.... what President The Rock's.... got.... cookin'!

Come on people, we need to figure out a way to get this guy into office.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

What has become of Gov. Jesse Ventura, btw?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

I think he's trying to turn himself into a news commentator or talk show host.  I think he had a show on Fox or something a few years back.

Caliga

Anyway, the Linda MacMahon thing is almost certainly a stunt they're going to use as an upcoming story angle.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive