Which third-generation dreadnought do you think looks best?

Started by Neil, September 15, 2009, 07:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which third-generation dreadnought do you think looks best?

Dunkerque-class (France)
7 (16.7%)
Scharnhorst-class (Germany)
19 (45.2%)
Rodney-class (UK)
2 (4.8%)
North Carolina-class (USA)
14 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Josquius

Toss up between Dunkirk and Rodney. Went with the Brits.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Never liked the trailing superstructure of the Scharnhorst class (looks like something is missing aft of the funnel), so she is out.  Dunkerque has a great hull line, but the stack is too far aft so it looks like something is missing forward of the stack.  Rodney isn't ugly enough to be attractive-ugly like the Big Five.  North Carolina has great balance and the second-best hull line, so takes the prize.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Scharnhorst all the way. The others look like someone was sick on the ocean.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

jimmy olsen

The Scharnhorst looks badass.

Voted Iowa for the 4th generation poll.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

I picked the North Carolina because I built a model of the ship when I was a wee lad. Then set it on fire.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 16, 2009, 05:42:58 PM
I picked the North Carolina because I built a model of the ship when I was a wee lad. Then set it on fire.
Jap sympathizer!  :mad:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 16, 2009, 05:49:18 PM

Atomic testing of surplus ships and surplus glue.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

I blew up the Iowa and the North Carolina.  I also melted the Arizona.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on September 16, 2009, 06:33:32 PM
I blew up the Iowa and the North Carolina.  I also melted the Arizona.

I beached my Big Wheel trying to get to the street, or else the driveway would've been blocked for months.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 16, 2009, 05:49:18 PM
No one called me out on the irony of me making this statement? I'm disappointed in Languish. :(

1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

I hereby call you out, Little Timmy Olsen, on the irony of making that statement.

Consider yourself CALLED!! Outwardly!