Japanese man is a double A-bomb survivor

Started by jimmy olsen, March 24, 2009, 09:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: PDH on March 25, 2009, 09:03:15 AM
It is a little known fact that in the late 1940s this man vacationed in the Bikini Atoll.  Later he ran into some trouble with his Summer Home in Bhopal, India (though he later said that was a change of pace).  His retirement to the Ukraine, north of Kiev had some later problems as well.

:lol:

Also, did you know he had a timeshare on Three Mile Island?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Considering he's 93 years old, it obviously didn't do his longevity any harm.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 25, 2009, 08:55:31 AM
Further proof that having to travel for work sucks ass.

My only business trip to date was lovely.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on March 25, 2009, 10:11:56 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 25, 2009, 08:55:31 AM
Further proof that having to travel for work sucks ass.

My only business trip to date was lovely.

The more business travel you do, the less you will like it. Or at least, that is the experience of most people.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on March 25, 2009, 10:12:58 AM
The more business travel you do, the less you will like it. Or at least, that is the experience of most people.

I opted out of what would have been my second business trip : to New Jersey. :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on March 25, 2009, 10:14:12 AM
Quote from: Malthus on March 25, 2009, 10:12:58 AM

I opted out of what would have been my second business trip : to New Jersey. :x

AKA Mordor.  :lol:

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on March 25, 2009, 10:47:37 AM
AKA Mordor.  :lol:

Yeah, somehow it couldn't compete with the first trip : to NYC. :o

BuddhaRhubarb

If there were others like this guy, I doubt they were as long lived. still though...  :huh:
:p

The Brain

I know it's fashionable to bash nuclear weapons but this is ridiculous. Modern weapons are many times more powerful than the pitiful little firecrackers that hit Japan. What other technology gets judged by its failures 60+ years ago?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on March 25, 2009, 10:47:37 AMAKA Mordor.  :lol:

:mad:

Not all of New Jersey is a toxic, overdeveloped hellhole.  Parts of it are actually near-wilderness, and it has very nice beaches.

Kinda like how all you ignoramuses stereotype Kentucky as an inbred backwoods Deliverance-style nightmare... that only describes the eastern and southeastern third of the state  :mad:

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on March 25, 2009, 02:05:07 PM

Not all of New Jersey is a toxic, overdeveloped hellhole.  Parts of it are actually near-wilderness, and it has very nice beaches.

Kinda like how all you ignoramuses stereotype Kentucky as an inbred backwoods Deliverance-style nightmare... that only describes the eastern and southeastern third of the state  :mad:

What I got from your post: It is true, places like New Jersey and Kentucky should be avoided like a plague by people with even a measure of self-respect.

Would that be an accurate summation?

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on March 25, 2009, 02:06:59 PMWhat I got from your post: It is true, places like New Jersey and Kentucky should be avoided like a plague by people with even a measure of self-respect.

Would that be an accurate summation?

Quit reading between the lines :mad:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on March 25, 2009, 02:05:07 PM
Quote from: Malthus on March 25, 2009, 10:47:37 AMAKA Mordor.  :lol:

New Jersey also has 3,000 black bears.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point