Any UK-based DVD online stores (other than amazon and HMV)?

Started by Martinus, September 15, 2009, 08:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Quote from: Valmy on September 15, 2009, 09:15:10 AM
Edward II was great, a dumb jock who loved fighting and conspiring but was too moronic to actually succeed at either.  He is sorta like the every-man trying to be like Edward I.
There's your solution, Mart. Buy two copies of Edward I.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 15, 2009, 09:05:45 AM
You might want to check the Hong Kong retailers. I had to get Waterloo in Region 0(region-free)

I'll see if I can find the links later.

And I just remembered I got them through Amazon marketplace. Whoops. :Embarrass:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Brazen

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 15, 2009, 09:26:20 AM
And I just remembered I got them through Amazon marketplace. Whoops. :Embarrass:
CD Wow's your boy.

One region free Edward II DVD coming up. You can buy me cocktails later :)

http://www.cdwow.com/DVD/EDWARD-II/dp/pc/8025445

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on September 15, 2009, 09:15:10 AM
Edward II was great, a dumb jock who loved fighting and conspiring but was too moronic to actually succeed at either.  He is sorta like the every-man trying to be like Edward I.
Yeah, but he was rumoured to be a homosexual, and thus is Marti's hero.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Neil on September 15, 2009, 09:44:53 AM
And those rumours featured in one of Marlowe's best plays :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

That is what his enemies said and that was after the fact and Edward II had a few too many bastard children to have not enjoyed breeding it seems to me.  He could have been bisexual or he simply just loved his favorite courtiers platonically we will never know for sure...hey he could have been totally gay and just had bastards to keep appearances up.  I suppose if Marty needs him to be gay he can be gay.

But hey Mel Gibson certainly thought he was gay, given the ridiculous way he was portrayed in Braveheart.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 15, 2009, 09:50:51 AM

Those rumours also led to him being executed by inserting red hot iron into his ass.

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 15, 2009, 09:50:51 AM

And let's just say that since it is Derek Jarman adapting Marlowe's play, it's an all-you-can-eat buffet of gay. :P

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on September 15, 2009, 09:51:56 AM

That is what his enemies said and that was after the fact and Edward II had a few too many bastard children to have not enjoyed breeding it seems to me.  He could have been bisexual or he simply just loved his favorite courtiers platonically we will never know for sure...hey he could have been totally gay and just had bastards to keep appearances up.  I suppose if Marty needs him to be gay he can be gay.

But hey Mel Gibson certainly thought he was gay, given the ridiculous way he was portrayed in Braveheart.

It is a movie adapting a Marlowe's play, not a historical biopic.

It's like Lion in Winter.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on September 15, 2009, 10:04:45 AM
And let's just say that since it is Derek Jarman adapting Marlowe's play, it's an all-you-can-eat buffet of gay. :P

Dang I thought you were becoming interested in Plantagenet history :(

;)

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on September 15, 2009, 09:29:29 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 15, 2009, 09:26:20 AM
CD Wow's your boy.

One region free Edward II DVD coming up. You can buy me cocktails later :)

http://www.cdwow.com/DVD/EDWARD-II/dp/pc/8025445

Sorry hun, but the first line of the description reads: "Not to be confused with the 1992 Derek Jarman feature of the same title, "

Not that I mind buying you a drink anyway. ;)

Martinus

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 15, 2009, 08:43:53 AM
If the Dude wants to show off his pretentious movie collection, he has to do what's necessary.

Which reminds me, I need to get my "Satyricon" back.  <_<

Brazen