News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallen Earth MMO

Started by Tamas, September 15, 2009, 03:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

This is due out in a week, take a look for yourself, looks very promising. Post-apocalyptic, with stuff like XP for crafting!
http://www.fallenearth.com

Any word on it?

Jaron

This looks really cool. :o

I'll need to see a review or something before I chip in tho!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

It's not some eastern European production is it?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

There is only a single server, and it is in the United States. :rolleyes: BTW it seems they are going the EVE way with a single well-populate server, and player-driven economy.

Really people, look around on the webpage, this looks to be very interesting.

I would tell you my first impressions if I weren't waiting on some ultra-so servers to download the 4 gigs.

Oh btw if you purchase, download the open beta client from fileplanet because that means 200 megs of patches for retail rather than a 4 gigs patching process by the launcher which is SLOW

crazy canuck

Is anyone going to try it and report back?

The Brain

The map sucks. Also I tried to start the 1936 scenario but crashed.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

This could be good.

Crafting looks interesting and it looks like they are trying for the right feel for the game.

But as usual it all comes down to how well it actually works.

Alcibiades

Quote from: The Brain on September 15, 2009, 01:34:23 PM
The map sucks. Also I tried to start the 1936 scenario but crashed.

:D
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

crazy canuck

QuoteThe game uses FPS combat

I hate FPS games.  It is supposed to be some kind of melding of FPS and RPG mechanics, whatever that means.  I will have to wait to see how this actually works.

Jaron

Lets wait for Tamas to report, then wait for someone more reputable reports back. Tamas did recommend Vanguard. <_<

Habbaku

Quote from: Jaron on September 15, 2009, 04:45:48 PM
Lets wait for Tamas to report, then wait for someone more reputable reports back. Tamas did recommend Vanguard. <_<

:lol: The "can't-piss-without-a-group" game?  I think I'll steer well clear of this one.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on September 15, 2009, 04:47:24 PM

:lol: The "can't-piss-without-a-group" game?  I think I'll steer well clear of this one.

You may want to wait for a review from someone other than Jaron.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jaron

Quote from: Barrister on September 15, 2009, 09:43:12 PM

:huh: What is that supposed to mean? And where did I offer to review this game? I'm too tight financially to be buying games period.

All I said was Tamas' past recommendations have not been good, and Habbu should wait for some reviews to be released or for someone else to try it out.

Always trying to undermine me, you treacherous scoundrel. :(

Barrister

Quote from: Jaron on September 15, 2009, 10:28:00 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 15, 2009, 09:43:12 PM

:huh: What is that supposed to mean? And where did I offer to review this game? I'm too tight financially to be buying games period.

All I said was Tamas' past recommendations have not been good, and Habbu should wait for some reviews to be released or for someone else to try it out.

Always trying to undermine me, you treacherous scoundrel. :(

Well yeah, I was trying to point out that you hadn't played it yourself, so I wasn't sure exactly why Habs was writing it off.

Plus, you know, the undermining you part.  Sorry bout that.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Habs, Jaron talked about Vanguard as an example of my recommendation going wrong, and did not compare Fallen Earth to Vanguard.

As for Jaron's original point, he was all over that game like a flaming homo.