Are you a typical <insert birth order> child?

Started by merithyn, September 11, 2009, 01:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where are you in the birth order of your family?

oldest
middle
youngest
only child
Other - explain

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on September 11, 2009, 02:03:45 PM
Quote from: The Brain on September 11, 2009, 02:03:04 PM
The one that matters.

Well fathers don't play an important role in development so...

Of course they don't if you're gay.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on September 11, 2009, 02:09:59 PM
Quote from: The Brain on September 11, 2009, 02:07:06 PM
Of course they don't if you're gay.

My father was the one doing the raising.

So... you're undeveloped?  :unsure:

I am the youngest of 3 boys, and am a pretty typical youngest.  It helped me develop a precocious sense of humor that was lost on most other kids my age, and it also taught me some valuable bullying skills. 

My wife is the oldest of 8, and is quite the typical big sister-- bossy & overly protective. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

I'm the middle child. Though now I'm the youngest I guess, since my kid brother died when he was eleven, and I was seventeen. Man, that is brutal for a family. As I got older I realized that the loss of a child can so tear up a family that marriages break up. I had to give great credit to my parents for going through that and staying together, remaining a committed couple. My aunt and uncle also lost a child, at a very young age.
:(

Eddie Teach

Quote from: KRonn on September 11, 2009, 02:22:29 PM
I'm the middle child. Though now I'm the youngest I guess, since my kid brother died when he was eleven, and I was seventeen. Man, that is brutal for a family. As I got older I realized that the loss of a child can so tear up a family that marriages break up. I had to give great credit to my parents for going through that and staying together, remaining a committed couple. My aunt and uncle also lost a child, at a very young age.
:(

Yeah, I think my sister's death was the root cause of my parent's divorce 20 years later.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Caliga

Interesting, I had a sister who died as well... :mellow:

I wonder how many of us have deceased siblings. :unsure:

I am the oldest child, with one brother who is five years younger (he would have been the third child if my sister had not died).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

You folks with deceased sibs: what did they die of?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

My wife had her older brother die when they were children.  Leiukemia.  Even now 20 years later you can tell it was hugely traumatic for them.  The kids were sent to live with some relatives for awhile because her dad really lost it for awhile (I still don't know all the details there).  My wife still blames herself for her brother's death because she was the bone marrow donor, even though she know's that's silly.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ideologue on September 11, 2009, 01:58:16 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 11, 2009, 01:13:57 PM
True. I'm a first child that had a little sister for 7 years & then became an Only child.

Huh? :unsure:

My parents are divorced. She lives with my mom, I live with my dad. We don't see eachother much.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Maximus

Typical, only the first 2 kids and the last one are counted.

garbon

Quote from: Maximus on September 11, 2009, 04:06:05 PM
Typical, only the first 2 kids and the last one are counted.

There is a note about middle children of larger families.