News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Started by Valdemar, September 11, 2009, 02:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valdemar

I was watching a movie with my kids over summer that had a trailer to a "cartoon) movie called avatar based on there popular TV cartoon series of the same name.

Now I read that Cameron is making a movie in 3D by the same name?

I guess it is not the same movie but does anyone know for sure?

V

HVC

Two movies. Ones a kids movie based on a tv show, the other one looks like a bastard child of WoW and bad Sci Fi.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valdemar

Thanks HVC, I thought as much, looking forward to the kids movie.. the TV show wasn't half bad.

V

HisMajestyBOB

I own all the episodes of the TV show. In fact, I had an iTunes subscription so I could get the Season 3 episodes as soon as they came out.  :blush:

It's a pretty good show, especially for something from Nickelodeon.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Josephus

For three years in the mid 80s, as a teenager, I played keys in an original prog-rock outfit called Avatar.

We sucked.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DontSayBanana

Would actually look forward more to the cartoon... the writing was surprisingly well-rounded for a show whose original purpose was to prove an "original American anime" was doable; also, in a couple of seasons, the animation itself got better by leaps and bounds.
Experience bij!

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Caliga

Cameron's Avatar is getting outstanding advance reviews and hype AFAIK.  The other Avatar is an M Night Shyamalan flick, so it will almost certainly be horrible and end with a "twist" you can see coming from a mile away.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Savonarola

Quote from: Josephus on September 11, 2009, 07:23:00 AM
For three years in the mid 80s, as a teenager, I played keys in an original prog-rock outfit called Avatar.

We sucked.

Your last line is redundant; you already told us you played Prog-Rock.

;)

Very cool though, did you ever play live shows?
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

DisturbedPervert

Caliga

Quote from: Savonarola on December 16, 2009, 01:29:14 PM
Your last line is redundant; you already told us you played Prog-Rock.
:mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

██████
██████
██████