News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Musical Tastes

Started by Eddie Teach, September 10, 2009, 03:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The music you listen to and enjoy was most frequently released when?

Before I was born
11 (29.7%)
In my childhood
7 (18.9%)
In my adolescence
12 (32.4%)
In my adulthood
5 (13.5%)
Yesterday
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 36

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 10, 2009, 04:57:10 PM
70's/early 80's and the grunge era (AiC mostly).

Also, I hate the young people music. I hope Fall Out Boy is raped by a biker gang. Then raped by Motorhead. Then raped by Anne Murray with a strap-on.

So fuck you all, you worthless fucks.

:lol: "RAPED BY LEMMY (Part 2 of the KILLED BY DEATH TRILOGY)." Coming soon: "INAPPROPRIATELY TOUCHED AT THE NURSING HOME - the chilling conclusion."
Experience bij!

Caliga

I guess I need to vote "childhood", as I mostly listen to 80s stuff (metal, mainly), but there's one big exception to that rule: modern country.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

dps

Voted "in my adolescence" but really "all of the above" would have worked for me.

Pedrito

All of the above: my iTunes library is reaching the size (and complexity of search) of the Library of Congress.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Alatriste

Most of it was released before I was born (much before; in case you are interested, I'm still very much against piano replacing violin and harpsichord; those hairy hippies Beethoven and Haydn have much to answer for!)

If we limit the question to the last 100 years, still I prefer jazz & big bands (Glenn Miller, Hoagy Carmichael, Benny Goodman, Duke Ellington...) 'classic' rock (Chuck Berry, the early Elvis works, Little Richard, Jery Lee Lewis...) and The Beatles to anything released in the last 30 years.

Now, get off my lawn...

BuddhaRhubarb

voted for Adolescence, but I actually need an "all of the Above" option. My musical tastes and listening bounces between decades like Scott Bakula on Meth.
:p

MadImmortalMan

Also "all of the above" for me. Since more music was created before my lifetime than during it, I voted "before I was born".
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

PDH

Fuck everyone. I listen to stuff that I like, who cares when it is from (though newer stuff has as much or more dreck than stuff before).  I am going to play bad Metal for Valmy though at 5am as I drive him to the airport after Texas beats Wyoming.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DisturbedPervert

Voted adolescence.  But my all time favorite artist and the one I listen to the most is Jimmy Buffett, and some of his stuff was from before I was born.

Eddie Teach

I don't know why everybody insists on the disclaimer that they listen to music from lots of different eras; everybody else does too. Which do you listen to most often? :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

dps

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 11, 2009, 12:29:23 PM
I don't know why everybody insists on the disclaimer that they listen to music from lots of different eras

It's 'cause your poll is retarded.

BuddhaRhubarb

I don't know why everybody insists on the disclaimer that they listen to music from lots of different eras; everybody else does too. Which do you listen to most often? :contract:

for me it's pretty evenly mixed. seriously. If you look at my playlists, they are all over the place.
:p

Josquius

I dunno, you do get a lot of idiots who claim anything made before or after a certain date sucks.
██████
██████
██████