News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Musical Tastes

Started by Eddie Teach, September 10, 2009, 03:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The music you listen to and enjoy was most frequently released when?

Before I was born
11 (29.7%)
In my childhood
7 (18.9%)
In my adolescence
12 (32.4%)
In my adulthood
5 (13.5%)
Yesterday
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Eddie Teach

Been finding myself listening to a lot of jazz lately.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

New music, and the best of that keeps to stay in my music library.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

I'd say "in my childhood" cause the roots of what I like are grounded in 70s prog stuff....but I still buy a shitload of new music.

Yes I said "buy"
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Martinus

I listen to music from the 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s, however most of it I haven't heard before I became an adult (like glam rock for example), so voted adulthood.

Ed Anger

70's/early 80's and the grunge era (AiC mostly).

Also, I hate the young people music. I hope Fall Out Boy is raped by a biker gang. Then raped by Motorhead. Then raped by Anne Murray with a strap-on.

So fuck you all, you worthless fucks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

"Anne Murray with a strap on"

What an image. :D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on September 10, 2009, 04:51:33 PM
I listen to music from the 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s, however most of it I haven't heard before I became an adult (like glam rock for example), so voted adulthood.

I thought it was clear from the question that when you first heard it is irrelevant. :mellow:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Mostly adolesance I guess.
There's not been so much good around these last few years but the beginning of the decade was pretty great.
A lot of love for earlier stuff too though. 90s indie stands out as does original punk/post-punk.
██████
██████
██████

DontSayBanana

I'd kinda put childhood and just before I was born together; I listen to stuff from the late 70s onwards in a lot of different genres, but the bulk of what I listen to is from the late 70s to the 80s. 90s comes in a bit behind those, and from 2000 on, I've been pretty choosy about what I get.
Experience bij!

jimmy olsen

Mostly 60s and 70s stuff, so before I was born.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 10, 2009, 04:57:10 PM
70's/early 80's and the grunge era (AiC mostly).

Also, I hate the young people music. I hope Fall Out Boy is raped by a biker gang. Then raped by Motorhead. Then raped by Anne Murray with a strap-on.

So fuck you all, you worthless fucks.

Actually, Fall Out Boy is among the few current bands I listen to (the others being Scissor Sisters, Placebo and Electrix Six - I am not including solo singers here).

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Early- to mid-90s is where I click, so adolescence mainly.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

I'd have to say "all of the above".

I like classical, old timey jazz and rock, 80s pop and rock, 90s grunge and rock, and a handful modern bands (though usually from the rock/metal segment).

I hate: disco, techno, schlager, volksmusik, dance pop, RnB.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.