News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obama's Heckling Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, September 10, 2009, 05:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 10, 2009, 09:38:08 AM
I'm sick of the 'high road' approach.  All it does is make you irrelevant in politics these days.

I think those are the words of Julius Caesar. :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on September 10, 2009, 09:51:09 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 10, 2009, 09:38:08 AM
I'm sick of the 'high road' approach.  All it does is make you irrelevant in politics these days.

I think those are the words of Julius Caesar. :P

Sulla.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

I support having the army move into South Carolina and ending that menace once and for all.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 10, 2009, 10:12:53 AM

Maybe the Republicans should march on Washington and make up proscription lists.

I would kill Jon Edwards if I could get his property.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on September 10, 2009, 10:22:31 AM

Maybe the Republicans should march on Washington and make up proscription lists.

There is talk that the GOP is wanting general Betray Us to run in 2012.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

saskganesh

some perspective: we see this kind of stuff in Ottawa fairly regularly and I suspect Westminister as well. watch "Question Period" (the Hansard accounts are amusingly genteel and bloodless).

I think most of it nowadays is playing for the cameras and evening soundbytes.  I think it turns off as many people as it turns on.
humans were created in their own image

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 10, 2009, 10:31:38 AM

:w00t:

Well on the other hand lots of people sound like a good candidate...until they actually become a candidate.

Warspite

Quote from: saskganesh on September 10, 2009, 10:45:03 AM
some perspective: we see this kind of stuff in Ottawa fairly regularly and I suspect Westminister as well. watch "Question Period" (the Hansard accounts are amusingly genteel and bloodless).

I think most of it nowadays is playing for the cameras and evening soundbytes.  I think it turns off as many people as it turns on.
Even in Westminster calling someone a liar is a big no-no.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on September 10, 2009, 10:45:06 AM
Well on the other hand lots of people sound like a good candidate...until they actually become a candidate.
Colin Powell.  :cool:

OTOH I never liked the fact that he didn't know how to pronounce his own first name.  :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

Friggin Psychics ain't got no call to be on TV.
PDH!

Vince

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 10, 2009, 11:41:44 AM

Friggin Psychics ain't got no call to be on TV.

Though watching his commentary on Fox News during the Terri Schiavo case was comedy gold. 

derspiess

True :(

It'd be nice to finally be able to vote for a General, however :w00t:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

saskganesh

Quote from: Warspite on September 10, 2009, 11:14:51 AM
Quote from: saskganesh on September 10, 2009, 10:45:03 AM

Even in Westminster calling someone a liar is a big no-no.

point. checking the hansards, it seems "liar" provokes a similar-sounding controversy, and at least in case at Queen's Park, a suspension.
humans were created in their own image

crazy canuck

Quote from: saskganesh on September 10, 2009, 01:20:01 PM
point. checking the hansards, it seems "liar" provokes a similar-sounding controversy, and at least in case at Queen's Park, a suspension.

Yes, accusing another member of Parliament of deceit is a serious matter.  The reason being that the laws of defamation do not apply within the Parliamentary chamber.  The Speaker takes on the responsibility of maintaining the conduct of the members and can expell members who do not act appropriately.

(sask I know you know this - it is for the benefit of others)

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 10, 2009, 10:31:38 AM

:w00t:

Generals that run against Presidents they have served under(I think the only one is McClellan) have a historical record for losing.  He'd wait until 2016, if he runs at all.