News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 1 Thread

Started by Neil, September 09, 2009, 07:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Alright, it's time to get this shit underway.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Shit - I got to get my fantasy team fixed up. 

I joined another league with my brother.  Only 6 players total - rosters are almost ridiculous.   :lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Vince

Mark Sanchez...meet Super Mario   :ph34r:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

jimmy olsen

I will bathe in the blood of the Fabertown Punks.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

This is the NFL THREAD for Week 1, not the LANGUISH FANTASY THREAD, you fucking tards.

Ravens trash the Chiefs.  You heard it here first.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 09, 2009, 07:51:05 PM
This is the NFL THREAD for Week 1, not the LANGUISH FANTASY THREAD, you fucking tards.

I don't see any reason not to discuss LFFL Week 1 issues here, so :blurgh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Strix

Time to Strive for Seven!!!  :yeah:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Neil

My picks:

Thursday
Titans @ Steelers - Let the hangover begin.  This game means everything to the Titans, it's all about emotion and momentum for them.  It'll be interesting to see who wins the battle between Tennesee's awesome O-line and the Steelers' formidable front 7, or rather 8, since Polamalu will probably be spending a fair bit of time in the box.  For the Titans to win, they need to win that battle.

Sunday
Dolphins @ Falcons - Pennington will probably be back to his accurate ways, but I think Miami's D is significantly better than last year's version.  The Falcons are good, but I think that Miami's D will be the differencemaker.

Chiefs @ Ravens - The Ravens are good.  The Chiefs will give Detroit and Oakland a run for worst team in the league this year.  Squash match.

Eagles @ Panthers - The Eagles are a solid club, although I don't quite buy them as Super Bowl contenders.  The Panthers are a bit more suspect, and I doubt their D.  Also, is it just me, or has Steve Smith maybe lost a step?

Broncos @ Bengals - Two terrible teams.  Still, the Bengals have had an improving D and they still have Palmer.  The Broncos have Orton, and a defence that makes Detroit look All-Pro.  Yikes.

Vikings @ Browns - If this was Week 12, the Browns would win.  However, Favre will be good for a few weeks, and Brady Quinn will never be good.

Jets @ Texans - I'm taking Houston at home.  Sanchez is not the answer, although it's not impossible that the Jets defence steals this one.

Jaguars @ Colts - Peyton Manning is still pretty good.  Jacksonville desperately needs an O-line, and the pack of rookies they have aren't quite ready for prime time.

Lions @ Saints - Looks like Drew Brees will be able to start down the path towards breaking Marino's record.  Detroit is utterly hopeless.  Line play defines the NFL, and the Lions players would be lucky to get a job in the CFL.

Cowboys @ Buccaneers - Tampa is in total disarray.  The Cowboys are still a decent team, and should handle this one.

49ers @ Cardinals - I like the Niners, but I think the Cardinals have too much firepower for San Fran to win.

Redskins @ Giants - The Redskins are reprehensible, and not really all that good.  I don't think the Haynesworth money is going to be worth it.

Rams @ Seahawks - Hasselbeck is healthier this year, and the Rams don't have a chance unless Bulger gets hurt and Boller plays.

Bears @ Packers - Cutler is a total ass, but he's a better QB than Rodgers.  In fact, Chicago has the edge in most areas over Green Bay.

Monday
Bills @ Patriots - How in the fuck these two games got on Monday Night is a mystery to me.  Even with TO, the Bills are unredeemably bad.  Even if they had the best talent in the world, Dick Jauron could give Wade Phillips a run for his money when it comes to bad, cowardly coaching.  The Cheatriots could win this one playing clean.  They'll cheat anyways, of course.

Chargers @ Raiders - Even if Tom Cable punches out Asshole Rivers, Billy Volek could demolish the Raiders, probably single-handedly.  Jamarcus Russell is bad.  By halftime, the lead will be so great that they'll set Shawne Merriman lose in the stands to beat up random women, because Raider Chicks are tougher than the Raider players.  Asomugha can't do everything.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Seems like everybody I know around here has a friend who is a Broncos fan & wants tickets for Sunday.  Best so far is my buddy's wife, who asked me if I can get her doctor (a "huge Broncos fan") on the field.  Rrrright, I'll get right on that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on September 09, 2009, 07:55:09 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 09, 2009, 07:51:05 PM

I don't see any reason not to discuss LFFL Week 1 issues here, so :blurgh:

Since I missed the draft and got handed a shitty team, no, no there isn't any reason.

Strix

Might as well make predictions in Week #1!

Sep 10   Tennessee    Loss           
Sep 20   @Chicago   Win           
Sep 27   @Cincinnati Win           
Oct 4           San Diego   Win           
Oct 11   @Detroit   Win           
Oct 18   Cleveland   Win           
Oct 25   Minnesota   Loss           
Week 8   BYE               
Nov 9   @Denver   Win           
Nov 15   Cincinnati   Win        
Nov 22   @Kansas City   Win           
Nov 29   @Baltimore  Loss           
Dec 6   Oakland   Win           
Dec 10   @Cleveland   Win           
Dec 20   Green Bay   Win           
Dec 27   Baltimore   Win           
Jan 3           @Miami Loss (starters won't be playing much if at all)

12 - 4
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on September 09, 2009, 07:59:07 PM

Chargers @ Raiders - Even if Tom Cable punches out Asshole Rivers, Billy Volek could demolish the Raiders, probably single-handedly.  Jamarcus Russell is bad.  By halftime, the lead will be so great that they'll set Shawne Merriman lose in the stands to beat up random women, because Raider Chicks are tougher than the Raider players.  Asomugha can't do everything.

:lmfao:  I loled hard.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Alcibiades

Good show Neil.   :lol:

Only disagrees I have are :

Packers
over Bears.

Falcons over Dolphins.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain