And we're back!

Main Menu

Teh outside world is: on to us!

Started by Caliga, September 09, 2009, 02:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 10, 2009, 03:34:52 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 10, 2009, 08:07:11 AM
You will know that the "moral right' has lost the high ground when some politico caught fucking a whore or another dude or whatever says to the public "you know, it is none of your goddam business who I chose to fuck".  ;)  The ritual of the carefully-worded "regret" plus resignation for being "caught" merely strengthens the notion that what he did was indeed a sin and a big deal - sure he's a hypocrite, but then, we are all of us "sinners".
So, France is where the 'moral right' has lost its high ground?

I don't think the term translates well outside of North America.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Sheilbh

Quote from: Malthus on September 10, 2009, 03:48:58 PM
We've got it too.  One of the things I'm most looking forward to in our new Tory future is the return of the ridiculous sex scandal :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!

Malthus

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 10, 2009, 03:50:59 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 10, 2009, 03:48:58 PM
We've got it too.  One of the things I'm most looking forward to in our new Tory future is the return of the ridiculous sex scandal :w00t:

Yeah, but how scandalous can it be? Everyone expects Tory politicos to be caught with their pants down.  :D

Indeed, Canadian sex scandals are always the more interesting because they are unexpected. Our politicos are such a grey, colourless lot, it is hard to imagine them having sex at all, let alone scandalously.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

So I guess what you're trying to tell us is that Canada is governed by Shakers.  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on September 10, 2009, 04:29:57 PM
So I guess what you're trying to tell us is that Canada is governed by Shakers.  :cool:

Naw, just boring people.

Far as I know, Canadian politicos don't make nice furniture.  ;)

Martinus

Wouldn't a lobbyist fucking a politician count as prostitution? And wouldn't that be illegal?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on September 10, 2009, 04:35:32 PM
Wouldn't a lobbyist fucking a politician count as prostitution? And wouldn't that be illegal?

Hey, if the lobbyist is slipping corporate cash to the politician - does that make *him* the whore and her the john?  ;)

HVC

Heard about this last night on Craig Ferguson. Another family values guy falls to the wayside. Although you'd think he'd be smart not to brag around dozens of cameras and microphones.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.