Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Ed Anger

DGuller

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 18, 2009, 11:44:53 AM
:blush:

Somebody has been in my closets.
You don't have to be, that's the beauty of the telescope.

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 08, 2009, 11:24:51 AM
I'm thinking of getting a telescope for the kids (start 'em early on the science I say)

You go through all this effort to breed a new generation of Hamilcars?  :huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on September 18, 2009, 12:06:44 PM
I'm thinking of getting a telescope for the kids (start 'em early on the science I say)

:pinch:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on September 18, 2009, 12:06:44 PM

{dry}

yeah, that is what I'm doing.

{/dry}

Jaron

Ignore him. You don't need to take child rearing advice from someone whose favorite bed time story was Hansel and Gretel - he liked the part where the witch was about to cook the children. ^_^
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jaron on September 18, 2009, 12:20:15 PM
Ignore him. You don't need to take child rearing advice from someone whose favorite bed time story was Hansel and Gretel - he liked the part where the witch was about to cook the children. ^_^

I never take child rearing advice from non-parents.

Otherwise, I couldn't beat my kids.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

PDH

Some telescope advice:

Don't look at the sun most times, it is very bright. Only look at the sun during night.
The universe is huge and mostly very boring.  Make it interesting by smudging the lens.
If you discover a comet, make sure when you phone in you say your name is "Ass-Master" because a comet names "Ass-Master 2009" would be awesome.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on September 19, 2009, 08:33:14 AM
Some telescope advice:

Don't look at the sun most times, it is very bright. Only look at the sun during night.
The universe is huge and mostly very boring.  Make it interesting by smudging the lens.
If you discover a comet, make sure when you phone in you say your name is "Ass-Master" because a comet names "Ass-Master 2009" would be awesome.

I would name a comet after George W Bush.

Tonitrus

They sell filters (that go over the front of the telescope) that let you look directly at the Sun.  I had one, it was pretty cool.