News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Forever War: A 3D Movie by Ridley Scott (2011)

Started by Syt, September 05, 2009, 09:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 05, 2009, 02:25:00 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 05, 2009, 11:15:04 AM
I'm not sure this the book to make into a movie.

Too much gay in the 2nd half.

I'm actually not sure how they're going to deal with all of that. Cutting it out removes a major part of the character's alienation, but....

Razgovory

I wonder if it's still going to have a Vietnam vet and take place in the mid 1990's.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 05, 2009, 02:25:00 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 05, 2009, 11:15:04 AM
I'm not sure this the book to make into a movie.

Too much gay in the 2nd half.

I thought it was an interesting nightmare scenario.  What if in the future everyone is gay.  And you are trapped there!  It'd be like an episode of the Twilight Zone.  In the end the guy wakes up and fucks the shit out of his wife.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

Quote from: Razgovory on September 05, 2009, 04:40:28 PM
I thought it was an interesting nightmare scenario.  What if in the future everyone is gay.  And you are trapped there!  It'd be like an episode of the Twilight Zone.  In the end the guy wakes up and fucks the shit out of his wife.
Great, you just gave away the ending of the movie...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Queequeg

Quote from: Hansmeister on September 05, 2009, 03:07:21 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 05, 2009, 12:05:43 PM
Quote from: Tyr on September 05, 2009, 11:22:34 AM
Whats with 3D suddenly coming back recently anyway?

It got cheaper to do. Lots of theatres have 1 or 2 projector that supports it. It's becoming the only difference between home viewing & going to the Cinema.

And they perfected the technology so it doesn't bring on headaches with prolonged viewing.  Within 2 years virtually all movie releases will be in 3D.
With the advent of Blu-Ray and HD televisions they have to find some killer app for films, also the reason why CinemaScope developed.

Not that I'm complaining, Coraline in 3D was fucking fantastic. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Neil

Has there actually been a 3d movie that was good?  Ever?

When the crowning cinematic achievement of the technology is Captain Eo, you know they suck ass.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on September 05, 2009, 07:55:20 PM
Has there actually been a 3d movie that was good?  Ever?

When the crowning cinematic achievement of the technology is Captain Eo, you know they suck ass.
:lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)