News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tsunami was worse than 911

Started by Slargos, September 03, 2009, 04:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRFZxIX2O3I&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aftenposten.no%2Fnyheter%2Furiks%2Farticle3250295.ece&feature=player_embedded#t=55

Hookey.

1. Calling the WTC destruction "one of the worst tragedies in history" is clearly a bit exaggerated.

2. Comparing the 2005 Tsunami to the WTC is clearly a bit retarded.

And they wonder why it's impossible to take them seriously...

Eddie Teach

I think they kind of undercut their message there. As the planet is so much more powerful than us, our efforts to preserve it, especially on an individual level, seem rather insignificant.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Hansmeister

Aren't they basically blaming the victims of the tsunami of deserving their fate since they didn't respect nature?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Slargos on September 03, 2009, 04:44:33 PMAnd they wonder why it's impossible to take them seriously...

Like motorcycle owners.  Now go die on yours.

Slargos

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 03, 2009, 05:36:34 PM
Quote from: Slargos on September 03, 2009, 04:44:33 PMAnd they wonder why it's impossible to take them seriously...

Like motorcycle owners.  Now go die on yours.

Sold it..  :cry:

Siege

I really hate people that can't understand the diference between a natural catastrophe and a terrorist attack.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Slargos

Quote from: Siege on September 03, 2009, 11:55:08 PM
I really hate people that can't understand the diference between a natural catastrophe and a terrorist attack.

Siegy. Is there anyone you don't hate?

DisturbedPervert

Everyone knows the tsunami was not caused by disrespecting the planet but by secret Amerikkkan earthquake machines.

Siege

Quote from: Slargos on September 04, 2009, 12:02:09 AM

Ah, yes.

Israelis, Americans, Jews, Right Wingers, Atheists, and...

I'm pretty sure there is somebody else out there I don't hate.

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on September 04, 2009, 12:08:55 AM

Ah, yes.

Right wingers?  So you like the arabs?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on September 04, 2009, 01:27:40 AM
Quote from: Siege on September 04, 2009, 12:08:55 AM

Ah, yes.

Right wingers?  So you like the arabs?

Arabs ain't right wingers.

That's a very western concept.

The Larch

That campaign was rejected by WWF and never run commercially. AFAIK, it has only surfaced because the advertising agency presented it to a festival, or something like that.

Slargos

Quote from: The Larch on September 04, 2009, 03:41:39 AM
That campaign was rejected by WWF and never run commercially. AFAIK, it has only surfaced because the advertising agency presented it to a festival, or something like that.

Incorrect. It was run in Brazil, though not as a video but as a picture in a newspaper.

The Larch

Quote from: Slargos on September 04, 2009, 04:43:47 AM
Quote from: The Larch on September 04, 2009, 03:41:39 AM

Incorrect. It was run in Brazil, though not as a video but as a picture in a newspaper.

Hum, I didn't hear anything about any newspaper ad, only about the TV ad, which afaik was never aired.

Warspite

The Tsunami was a terrible case of natural terrorism.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA