Warming Arctic should be cooling, study finds

Started by jimmy olsen, September 03, 2009, 03:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2009, 07:43:08 AM
I like hot, humid weather.  :)

Move down here, we will kill you of that.

If it gets any hotter here I would probably move.   This summer was absolutely brutal.  It has been 100F+ almost every day.  It was 90F last week and it actually felt cool.  You guys think that would be great but trust me it sucks ass.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2009, 07:55:13 AM
*shrug* I like it dude.

Everybody likes things for a few days.  Hey I even like snow for a few days but the problem is when it snows for months on end.  Likewise a few days of really hot and humid is fine...but 40 consecutive days of really hot and humid with no rain or no mercy?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

Errrr are you forgetting where I live?  Kentucky isn't exactly 'mild' in the summer (except for this summer, for some bizarre reason).  Believe it or not Philadelphia, where I grew up, often gets extremely hot in the summer as well.

Neil

Well, you won't get the humidity, but you will have the heat.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

KRonn

Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2009, 07:44:56 AM

Move down here, we will kill you of that.

If it gets any hotter here I would probably move.   This summer was absolutely brutal.  It has been 100F+ almost every day.  It was 90F last week and it actually felt cool.  You guys think that would be great but trust me it sucks ass.
I hate that weather. We just went through a couple weeks of hot and humid, and I don't like it. Now it's cooler, in the 70s and maybe 80s but dry, perfect New England summer weather. But we and we had a very short summer here weather wise. Once I get used to the warm weather it's hard to start getting into cooler temps, but even so I tend to prefer cooler over hotter.

Caliga

Well, as long as it's hot, chicks will wear very little clothing. :perv:

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2009, 08:00:05 AM
Errrr are you forgetting where I live?  Kentucky isn't exactly 'mild' in the summer (except for this summer, for some bizarre reason).  Believe it or not Philadelphia, where I grew up, often gets extremely hot in the summer as well.

We are in the middle of the worst drought since the Great Depression and are experiencing the hottest weather in the recorded history of the American Southwest so I think I can safely laugh at your piddly Philly and Kentucky hotness.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2009, 08:08:03 AM

They wear shorts and t-shirts.

I mean granted girls wear those shorty short shorts and that is nice and all.

Since I am a College Freshmen again I am surrounded by 18 year old nubile skinny girls and I suddenly feel very old.

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2009, 08:08:03 AM
Unlikely.  The hot weather and low humidity will result in fewer clouds, which means more sun.  Women will start showing very little skin.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

:nelson: It's been an extremely rainy summer here.  The creek at the base of my property was roaring the other week.  :cool:

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2009, 08:11:50 AMSince I am a College Freshmen again I am surrounded by 18 year old nubile skinny girls and I suddenly feel very old.
It's like you're Homer Simpson in that episode where we went to college to get an engineering degree.  :cool:

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2009, 08:10:01 AM
We are in the middle of the worst drought since the Great Depression and are experiencing the hottest weather in the recorded history of the American Southwest so I think I can safely laugh at your piddly Philly and Kentucky hotness.

:blink: Philly and the Bucks-Montgomery-Chester area in general had at least three droughts severe enough to warrant water rationing throughout the 90s. Also, 96 and humid being bounced off the concrete jungle in Center City absolutely sucks.
Experience bij!

KRonn

Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2009, 08:10:01 AM
Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2009, 08:00:05 AM

California is in drought too, and some of its great agricultural areas are suffering. How come the US doesn't any, or many, desalination plants? Saudis use them, I'd think we would also, at least for agriculture or something.