Cat shot through head with arrow. CdM out for revenge. (NSFW)

Started by Viking, September 03, 2009, 03:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2009/09/01/pets.qp-4010770.sto

QuoteCat recovering after arrow pierces head
Humane association offering reward to find person who shot arrow

Brownie, a 4-year-old tabby, returned to his owner last week with an arrow stuck in his head, his fur matted with dried blood.

The cat had been shot. Sarah Hayes with the Monroe County Humane Association announced today that the organization is offering up $500 to anyone with information that leads to the conviction of the person or persons responsible.

"It's just horrible, and whoever did this, they need to be charged," Hayes, the association's CEO, said.

Hayes has seen animals in terrible condition and pain, but "This one's new," she said.

The arrow had likely been shot into Brownie's head a few days before he came trotting back to his owner last Monday, as the wounds were already infected, said Monroe County animal control officer Rebecca Brown.

The incident probably happened on the far southeast side of Bloomington, off East Stipp Road, Brown said. And Brown believes this instance of animal cruelty was deliberate.

"Anybody hunting wouldn't have been that low to the ground," she said.

The person who did it can be charged with animal cruelty, a class B misdemeanor, Brown said.

Brownie had surgery at Bloomington's Town and Country Vet Hospital the day after he was found. Veterinarian Casey Shake said the arrow had entered just above Brownie's right eye and went through the cat's skin, tissue and some muscles. X-rays showed the arrow just skimmed Brownie's skull, Shake said. It exited in front of Brownie's left ear.

Someone, not the cat's owner, had cut the pointed end of the arrow before Brownie was brought to the vet. The arrow had loosened, Shake said.

"It could slide back and forth. It slid right out."

Shake anesthetized the cat and pulled the arrow out — and while he was at it, he neutered Brownie, for free.

"I figured that would take his mind off his headache," he joked.

Shake then left the wounds open to drain, and treated them to ward off infection.

"The next day that cat was amazing," he said. Brownie was purring, ready to eat and drink, and wanted love. Shake said Brownie is expected to have no brain damage or vision loss.

"That cat should make a complete recovery," he said. "I have never seen anything quite like that. It was definitely bizarre."

Brownie is recovering and will be reunited with his owner in a few days, Brown said.

The cat's owner is in the hospital, recovering from a procedure on Monday, said a caretaker who assists the man. He should be home by Friday.

The Monroe County Humane Association paid for Brownie's surgery with money from the group's Olivia Animal Protection and Rescue Fund, Hayes said. The fund was set up in memory of Olivia, one of several cats set on fire in 1997 by a group of teens. Olivia's vet bills cost her owners thousands of dollars, and the cat died despite efforts to save her.

HTO 1997: Recall the story of Olivia the cat

Hayes said this is the second time in three or four years the association has offered a reward for information leading to an animal cruelty conviction. "As long as the funds are available to do that, we obviously want to do that any time we can. We definitely want to charge somebody who does something horrible like this."

A $300 reward was offered for information on Clover the goat, who in 2006 was dumped at the end of a dead-end county road to either starve or be killed by coyotes or dogs.

The crippled goat was found with a missing left rear leg and with its front legs frozen in a bent position.

Clover died and no one ever came forward with information about the animal's mistreatment and abandonment.

Hayes hopes this time is different.

"A lot of people had to have noticed a cat with a full-sized arrow through its head."

No one seems to be sure just what the arrow is made of, although sheriff's deputies guess it is a graphite arrow.

CdM was last seen driving down the I 70 towards Indiana.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Slargos

Cat's head is a renewable resource and will heal.

Owner now has a new arrow that he did not previously have.

I don't see the basis for complaint.

win win situation.

HisMajestyBOB

:cry:

If the perpetrator has any sense, he'll turn himself in before CdM finds him.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

DisturbedPervert

Shake anesthetized the cat and pulled the arrow out — and while he was at it, he neutered Brownie, for free.

What a day, an arrow through his skull and his balls chopped off.

Jaron

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on September 03, 2009, 05:12:21 AM

What a day, an arrow through his skull and his balls chopped off.

:lol:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 03, 2009, 04:52:46 AM

Not only CdM. I'm down for some good ol' fashioned human cruelty. Anybody else up for joining the posse?
Experience bij!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

A few days? That's just not an outdoor cat, that's a wild cat that you happen to pay taxes for.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Viking

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 03, 2009, 10:07:55 AM
A few days? That's just not an outdoor cat, that's a wild cat that you happen to pay taxes for.

the cat probably hid out for a few days until it calmed down... or it got stuck trying to get through some bushes and kept snagging on a branch for three days.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DGuller

That's some potent arrow.  The cat gets shot in the head, and loses his balls as a result.

citizen k

Jaron

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 03, 2009, 06:50:17 AM

Not only CdM. I'm down for some good ol' fashioned human cruelty. Anybody else up for joining the posse?

Over a cat? No thanks, Mr. Vigilante. One human life is worth infinite number of cats, and that isn't saying much because most human beings are worthless individuals.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 03, 2009, 10:07:55 AM

There's a big difference between a wild cat and an urban stray that gets most of his sustenance begging for meals.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Strix

Quote from: Jaron on September 03, 2009, 02:02:40 PM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 03, 2009, 06:50:17 AM

Over a cat? No thanks, Mr. Vigilante. One human life is worth infinite number of cats, and that isn't saying much because most human beings are worthless individuals.

A thousand PETA members cry suddenly cried out in terror...
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA